Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc gta 4 fun? Let's play it again?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

I hope mods wont mind it. I am pretty sure a big part of pc gamers know a steam sale and had a go for gta 4 ;).

I personally hated damn thing when it came out on ps3 and xbox. It looked like crap with waaaaay too much aa or fog effect. Everything looked like mud...
    Now I am playing it again on pc and I am having a blast!

Anyone of you tried mods? I know there are a good few out there, but I am crap at installing them.

So how's your gta4 experience? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I couldnt play it on the pc. Was a good 6 months ago, but it was awfully optimised, and ran like **** on my pc. I can play newer and better looking games at higher quality then i could play GTA4.

Plus, the game was pretty boring.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Found it great on the PC. Have a few mods on it, better textures, real cars. There's plenty of mods out there. Some people are working on converting Vice City/San Andreas to the GTAIV game.

Don't find the game that badly optimized anymore. Runs fine on my old 2ghz Core 2 laptop, runs great on my new i5 laptop and is smooth as butter on my i7 rig

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I had it on the xbox and just got it through steam for the PC, can't really judge it until I get my wired xbox controller from my brother as playing with a keyboard and mouse ain't great so far, but I did like it on the xbox, I really don't get the hate for it on the xbox (never seen the ps3 version), I enjoyed it anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Found it great on the PC. Have a few mods on it, better textures, real cars. There's plenty of mods out there. Some people are working on converting Vice City/San Andreas to the GTAIV game.

Don't find the game that badly optimized anymore. Runs fine on my old 2ghz Core 2 laptop, runs great on my new i5 laptop and is smooth as butter on my i7 rig

it runs okay on my pc. i was expecting it to be better, but meh. still beats console version by a long shot!

i can run witcher 2 all maxed, but not uber thingy on very very good fps, but gta still drops frame rate alot!

could you give me a hand with mods m8? there some good few mods out there which makes it look waaaaay better, but i dont know theyr names. is there some sort of mod bundle? which would have good few graphical goodies and cars etc?

plus what way you install them? so i need some sort of extra scripts?

CramCycle wrote: »
    I had it on the xbox and just got it through steam for the PC, can't really judge it until I get my wired xbox controller from my brother as playing with a keyboard and mouse ain't great so far, but I did like it on the xbox, I really don't get the hate for it on the xbox (never seen the ps3 version), I enjoyed it anyhow.

oh god m8, just play with mouse + keyboard....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

it runs okay on my pc. i was expecting it to be better, but meh. still beats console version by a long shot!

i can run witcher 2 all maxed, but not uber thingy on very very good fps, but gta still drops frame rate alot!

could you give me a hand with mods m8? there some good few mods out there which makes it look waaaaay better, but i dont know theyr names. is there some sort of mod bundle? which would have good few graphical goodies and cars etc?

plus what way you install them? so i need some sort of extra scripts?

Add meh on Steam, suicidalsid (old username :P)

Add meh on Steam, suicidalsid (old username :P)

lol, i think we need a thread: " do you ever regret your choise on nickname " lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

oh god m8, just play with mouse + keyboard....

Because I tried it and didn't like it (personal preference).

Anyway, for a graphics update this was recommended to me but I haven't tried it yet:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenhancer-12---enb-graphic-mod-f9236

CramCycle wrote: »
    Because I tried it and didn't like it (personal preference).

Anyway, for a graphics update this was recommended to me but I haven't tried it yet:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenhancer-12---enb-graphic-mod-f9236

Ah excellent. I've been using the alpha version of this for a while. Its bloody fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭death1234567

Kiith wrote: »
    Plus, the game was pretty boring.
    +1. The DLC's were a bit better but it didn't have the fun of the old GTA's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw this on a different website the other day. It looks unbelievable. It's crazy what some people can do.

J. Marston wrote: »

Saw this on a different website the other day. It looks unbelievable. It's crazy what some people can do.

yup, its epic.

i really whana try out some mods, but they are a bit more complicated then they were before lol. just need a how to tuturial, but i am sort of tired to look for something now! :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I installed it on my pc a few wks back and got bored of it varly quick,so installed the stalker games instea :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Quick question for you pc gamers: systemrequirementslab are saying that i'll be able to run GTA4 on my laptop as it meets the minimum requirements, but it's saying i don't meet the recommended on the following:

CPU
    Recommended: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1GHz
    You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16GHz

Video Card
    Recommended: 512MB NVIDIA 8600+ / 512MB ATI 3870+
    You Have: GeForce Go 7950 GTX
    (meeting the recommended for all the below)
    Video RAM
    3D
    Hardware T&L
    Pixel Shader version
    Vertex Shader version

So, my question is how badly will this affect the game? I'm mad to get it now that i see the mods available for it!!!

Hmm I think you should be fine and bot much worse then any athers. Problem with this game is not high demand on hardware, but very poor optimisation.

I mentioned before that I cam run almost maxed out witcher with incredible fps, but gta4 allways struggles. I don't see much difference in performance when I put all high or all low/mid.

With 8800gt I had 32fps in gta benchmark, but with ati 6870 I get 35fps... Not much difference. Witcher 2 gone from barely playable on low settings in to all maxed out with 50-60fps. Go figure...

On topic: I got the mods working, you need to do a base install of few scripts which aloud mods to function, as gta got protection on files. Got a great tutorial which explains all step by step. I will be able to post here if anyone wants.

Enchanter mod looks plain awesome, this is how gta had to look in the first place, but very heavy on pc.

Car mods are very complicated to install FFs. Need special program for that too grrrr. I was so looking forward to e34 535i car mod! Maybe I will have some time after work to look in to it!

Advertisement