Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy a used homecare bed

Options
  • 11-07-2011 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

where do people buy/sell these things ?

given the waiting list for a free one and our aging population, there must be tons of these about.

the usual online buy/sell sites only show up about 1 or 2 a month in the whole of ireland.

or any hospital equipment refurbish companies around ? for quality beds and over-bed tables etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Profiling beds (up/down, tilt, back raise and foot raise) are usually supplied by your local health board. When finished they are returned to same bord hence few will come up for secondhand sale.

Good luck, Eph.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭franbe

thanks, its for an elderly relative diagnosed with dementia, presently classified as ambient mobile by the OT, but the relative doesnt want to leave the bed. i encourage getting out of bed, but its an uphill battle.

i feel a profiling bed would make my efforts more productive, and my failures more healthy. the OT said the waiting list for a bed was so long (im presuming due to the ambient mobility classification) that i would be better sourcing it myself.

i dont want to wait until he cant get out of bed to get a bed that might help him get out of bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sosan_fong

Hi Franbe,

I have the bed just what you are looking for. It is Invacare Carroll Homecare Bed – Fully Electric. Let me know if you are still looking for one for your relative.

Thanks

Sosan

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

susan fong is your bed still available? im looking for one for my step mum

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mobility exchange

Hi Paulusdu,

We sell some refurbished electric profiling beds at good prices. If you are still looking for one take a look at our shop on adverts.ie. It is called Mobility Exchange.

Regards,

Mobility Exchange

• Advertisement
Advertisement