Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a different wedding gift please

Options
  • 11-07-2011 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all I want to get a friend a different wedding gift (she does not need money)
    I was thinking maybe a voucher for a meal maybe owned by a famous chef or something like that..has anybody got any suggestions. Hope I am in the right place for this

Cheers guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Maybe for MacNeans Bistro, in Blacklion. Night away, "celeb" chef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from tLL.

This is the forum for all things gift and party related. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 18,587 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

2 of our dearest friends married 8 years ago and suggested "different" present ideas:
    Theatre vouchers, hotel vouchers, top quality wine etc.....
    We thought it was great as we hate the idea of giving silly gifts and would never give money.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pink Fox

I gave my cousin 2 apple trees and my sister a set of garden furniture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 eustie5

A painting always goes down well!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Bluebook vouchers or an irish craft.

Someone got us one of these http://ambrichoppingboards.com/ and it is really nice.

I also think art is a lovely present especially if you know any artists.

I think the best present that we got was from a friend that ordered a load of stuff from Think Geek for us:)

what are their hobbies?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I know a married couple who are building a house at the moment.
    A friend is going to buy them a tree of there choice about 5 to 6 foot high.
    A tree of this size has a better chance of surviving a bad winter.

Another friend of mine loves to cook so I give her a Kenwood Prospero KM283 Stand Mixer and she was very happy with it. ( if you look on amazon.co.uk they can have them on offer ie buy them for apox €160 against €200 plus in Ireland).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dorislc

Try signs of Ireland website. run by des kemmy in donegal. he dose personalized road signs I've seen a few he has done for weddings with bride a grooms name on and date of wedding and town of wedding. great one gift. he will put pretty much anything on the sign .

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Perfect Ring

A helicopter ride might be a nice idea or a meal on a barge or something!

• Advertisement
Advertisement