Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Felix Circle - Fraud or Not?

Options
  • 10-07-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

I've been reading up a lot on the paranormal recently, in particular on evidence relating to 'life after death'. Much of the material has come from www.victorzammit.com, a retired Australian lawyer who has published a weekly newsletter on the subject for 14/15 years now.

Anyway one of his subjects is a German seance group called the Felix Experimental Group.

http://felixcircle.blogspot.com/

I refer you to the posting on June 22 2011. Many of the events that took place have been noted before in other seances over the last 150 years. My question in the thread title is simply asking, or rather stating, if this is not 100% pure fraud then what is going on?

Here is a quote from near the end of the posting that caught my attention:

'This most dramatic and visibly clear demonstration of materialization of a body part from ectoplasm in good red light was a fitting prelude to what was yet to come. A short time later, Hans Bender humbly declared to all in attendence that “the Felix Circle may soon achieve full materialization in red light”.
    This proclamation I was waiting for! It has been over thirty five years since any physical medium or circle was able to achieve full materialization in red light. With today’s communication technology and the internet, this would have very profound positive effects on the world as we know it.'

A quick thought is that the common sense skepticism of the New Atheism attacks on superstition and dogma might actually allow a few of us to investigate these type of seances with less fear and gullibility then we might bring to the table otherwise! Does that sentence make sense to anyone else.

I have a number of other links to youtube videos, interviews with scientists, discussing these phenomena. Many of these videos are linked to Victor Zammit's site. If anyone is interested in discussing these I can post them here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Great thread!!

I'm going to have to read up on this topic a little more...BUT had to reply
    Great thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Just had a brief look at the site there, my first question is, why must the person be covered by curtains, this would ad a fair bit more skepticism to the subject matter for me!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Just to keep this thread alive I want to post a 15 minute interview with the recently deceased Dr. David Fontana, an academic psychologist from Liverpool.

It is basically academic suicide to investigate the paranormal with an open skepticism. So what has he got to gain from giving this interview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGV8aQxCsCI

My own position on the paranormal is that i am biased in favour of finding something but unfortunately I have a vicious skepticism that won't allow me to accept any position without concrete evidence. Since we are dealing with the dead I have to accept that that evidence might be a little difficult to experience/witness/document.

any thoughts?

regarding the curtain mentioned by the previous poster I have to accept the opinion of the doctor who wrote the blog piece, that the privacy somehow contains some kind of energy but basically i haven't a clue. i need to investigate physical mediumship further.

edit: he was interviewed before he died, just in case the first sentence is confusing....

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Good thread, i will do a little more research and come back to you.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I know nothing of the Felix circle, but I do have some knowledge and experience of witnessing* physical mediumship.

The explanation I have been given for the use of darkness and curtains is because the energies used and the deep trance state of the medium make bright lights dangerous. The fact that this is also a handy situation for those who want to fake physical mediumship is to me, more than just unfortunate. :)

Deep trance states used in other ways seem not to have the problem with light, and are often done in lit areas, though loud noises are discouraged as they bring the medium out of trance too quickly. This something I have experienced, its a genuine issue. Contrary to this physical mediums encourage the use of loud singing during physical seances. So that kind of contradiction always leaves me a little puzzled and suspicious. Tho Im first to admit my experiences are limited.

*it was pitch dark. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Very hard to believe any photo and/or video online.

Curtains just seem too make fake. But then it might not be. The reason for the blurring too. Like UFO videos they are always filmed in a 'blurred' state. But when Lady GaGa is spotted on Henry street at 2am the quality is near perfect... The mind boggles

And so i continue in my quest for the truely spooky.

Felix experimental group have posted a new video on their site and on youtube, its actually a collection of photos. i find that it's easier to see if you expand the video to full screen size.

http://felixcircle.blogspot.com/

what do you think?

edit:

completely unrelated to the above here are some evps of children who were murdered in 1912. The names spoken are the names of the children, Paul and Lena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Wh-lLRhmg

I find this recording interesting because 2 years ago I was fishing on a small bridged island with a castle called Leimcon in Roaring Water bay in West Cork. I woke at about 5am to the sound of children laughing. The nearest house is between a mile and 2 miles away, across a few fields. I got out of my tent but there was no one around. It could well have been a dream but I've had a few of those over the last 40 years and this was unlike the voices in a dream.

there is a picture of the castle called Leamcon here:
    http://tommahony.com/genealogy/mahonyhx1f.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 14 notallfrauds

I have hosted the Felix Circle as I live in germany. Interesting things going on there.
    On the one hand side one of the members left the circle some weeks ago, he was a long time member. In his final statement via mail he made no secret out of the fact he left the group as he suspects the medium to be somehow fraudulent. I am not saying there is fraud but fraud is suspected even by a long time circle member. The guy did make just vague statements in his letter but you could read between the lines he could serve much more internals.

My impressions when I hosted the Circle were mixed as well. It did not convince me. The reports online look much more spectacular than the things that go on there. The fact one of the group members is member of a magician circle does even decrease the hope of true phenomena.

On the other hand side the Felix people are quite familiar with the Foys, know from Scole, as well the Felix Group has some links with David Thompson. You know what I mean. If the FEG is fraud, the bad light also reaches the others. So its quite interesting what goes on there. After the member left the circle aynone expected Mister Kai Muegge to leave a statement on the accusations beeing made. But nothing happened. So what is going on?

The newest posts show hand written apports as a prove for the phenomena. But if you go into the thing deeper also this is not as water resistant as Muegge says. Fraud, possible, again.

I am highly convinced in existing phenomena and an afterlife, consciousness that survives but if it comes to people that charge money for their "show" and travel round the globe I start doubting.

Especially as Mr. Muegge in earlier times posted often as Mr.Free in blogs, saying "look at this amazing Felix group, they seem really trustworthy". Bad luck people discovered soon Mr.Free was noone else than Muegge himself.

And than there is one last fact that makes the story somehow bad tasting. Before it all started Muegge announced he was searching for volunteers to assist a circle. He wanted to produce a tv show that handles the seance cult. He points out that if no phenomena occur he will be willing to reproduce those.

To sum it up Muegge is/was a producer of tv shows, said he wanted to make a report on the seance cult, another member assists a magic circle (without taking this to anyone out the circle, it was said by the member who left the group weeks before), a third member left the circle as he suspects fraud. And my own experiences were not convincing as well.

I would not make a final statement. But the facts actually do not show any evidence for but many against this to be real.

Questions? Drop me a line.

PS: It may interest you that I read a posting some days ago when a guy said a materialised deceased entered the "David Thompson Seance" and tapped on the bare foot of the poster. He felt sneakers. Well, there was only one guy wearing shoes in the room, Thompson. Sneakers. You think materialised deceased people from the 19th century wear sneakers? I have also hosted Thompson shows. Sad to say, this was even more disappointing than the Felix Phenomena.

Last sentence. If I am totally wrong, noone will be more happy than me.

thank you very much for this phenomenal and extraordinary reply. Its a world that i know nothing about and i really appreciate this response.

Isn't it unbelievable that an area of psychic investigation with so much potential is destroyed yet again by the greed for money. how infantile.

I never understood how one of my heroes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, could have been duped by spiritualists, a man of extraordinary intellect and CSI like insight. My own view is that he had experiences that convinced him. But in general spiritualism has been destroyed from within by frauds. Its a shame.

On a personal level I'm still trying to understand something that happened to me last night. I went to a meeting of psychics. A lady was there who was communicating with spirits. She picked out three people, one of them was me. The first of the spirits was a man in his fifties, who wore a uniform and was strict. I should say that there were only a dozen of us in the audience. The man addressed to had a father who was in the army and had died in his fifties.
    The second was the spirit of a wife of an audience member who seemed to be a difficult lively person and who seemed to be recognized by the man.

The third was an elderly lady who had died in an old folks home and wanted to speak to me. The psychic named her by her full christian name. She said that i visited her in the home and that at the time she wasn't entirely clear headed. The psychic described the lady as independent minded, and used the image of someone who would roll up their sleeves to get things done. This was exactly as my friend was, she was a cook who never married.

The experience has hit me square on the nose and i'm still trying to register it. I go to these things because i'm genuinely investigating the paranormal for myself but i'm brutally skeptic and expect to be disappointed. So i don't know what to think at the moment.

I'm not mentioning names at the moment because I have to give it further thought.

Regarding your post, the damage that fraudsters do is savage and vicious and if i hadn't have had this experience last night i would be upset and deeply cynical right now.
    As it stands, this mind remains for the moment, open.

thanks!

Hey Doc,

:) happy I could serve you with some "insights" or lets say "experiences".
    Your story sounds breathtaking as well. I guess we have the same aim. Investigation on a balanced way. The danger of getting tricked is high if you tend to believe everything. The risk of putting it all aside is as big if you tend more to say to say "trust noone". The problem is, in this field you have two big sides...

...the BELIEVER side
    where people really tend to believe everything and cheating is easy for any fraud. I met so many people from that side it made me sick. Nice fellowes of any age from young to old. But the will to accept everything without doubt and questioning was frustrating. My last experiences concerning that was when I visited a David Thompson "spectacle" some months ago. People sat there full of fascination and hope even before DT did anything spectacular. I have to add he never did spectacular things the whole night trough but people WANTED to be be amazed and so they were.

Any C-class magician or fortune teller from a seasonal fare could have have served those people this night. What a shame. I really love this kind of people as they are open minded and friendly, but if they are confronted to anyone who abuses this character style, they really are just victims and I feel sorry for them. Second is their will to blindly believe everything does not help the idea of investigation and finding out the truth. Shame on the people who abuse those people who believe in the good. Shame on those who use this for their profit. I wont name anyone who is definitely fraud but I do not lean too much out of the window if I say Thompson took quite a bunch of money for a happening that definitely did not fulfil the wish to get prove. (I could tell more of my insights but this posting will be long enough even without those comments). I was faced with people who did not get the smallest information and prove but they came from far away to contact deceased. When Thompson said "here is your father" to a approx 66 year old lady (what aguess) she started almost crying. Note: nothing happened but she WANTED someting to happen and so she was happy already. Just one example of one day. I havebeen to many. I can tell you it is disturbing.

...the NON BELIEVER side
    its all fraud. No need to speak about it anymore. Those narrow minded people seem really to be afraid of getting into something new. I can understand that somehow. If you get into that SCENE you see so many frauds and cheaters, you finally run the risk to set everything on the fraud level. Its the easy way. Seen it, judged it, up and away with that rubbish. On to something that will be more comfortable and not endangering the reputation. TV shows that debunk and close minded sceptics as Randy with his dogmatic behaviour support that flood of disbelief. (I agree that just believing is not enough, prove is needed) So many frauds, it is really hard to seperate those from the TRUE, GIFTED ones.

This side would be even more helpful to the subject if they would not refuse any further discussion on the topic. They set a wall and say. NO further. Otherwise the sceptical idea is quite fine, as you only get on results if you really question and doubt things. But the sentence is over if soemone sets a final point as is not willing to go on in "thinking about". I was in danger getting to that point as well. But I managed getting the curve in time.

Most people I met fell on the one side or the other.
    Keeping the balance on that rope between both sides is hard work. And every day, every experience shakes you on your small rope you try to stay up from one side or the other.

--> You visit a seance and see its just dfraud. Danger of falling down from the rope into the "ALLFRAUD" side.
    --> You get into a conversation with scientists who work on near death experiences, you tend to fall on the BELIEVERS side.

Not an easy thing. But since DEATH is the main topic of our LIFE I guess and feel its worth working on it. And I see its necessary to show the world there are people who are not dumbfolded blind and willing to believe everything but besides they are sceptic have high value reasons to believe. In the final instance the people who doubt but do not refuse the new will bring the truth to the broad instance.

In my opinion life after death has already been proven in some ways. Not by any spirit circle working in pitch black, still sending weak excuses on not using night goggles or infrared camers. It is proven by scientists. Or for sceptics lets say, they are actually very into proving it.

We will never get results that confirm our hope on life after death from seances as long as mediums refuse to cooperate with scientists. I know scientists who are true believers, not interested in showing fraud. They had breathtaking experiences BUT they agree, as long as no scientific prove has been made, noone would believe them.

No effort, and believe me there have been many led to a cooperation with the so called gifted mediums of our days. It seems so called mediums enjoy more travelling round the globe an doing a circus show. Imagine. David Thompson travels from continent to continent like a star presenting people Louis Armstrong singing "wonderful world" (as one stupid example for the always the same schduled lineup)

Do you believe any deceased person would have nothing better to do than assisting Thompson in this banal action. Is there nothing bigger, no message to send from a world beyond but stupid acts like this. I was shocked intelligent people really see the thead as a group that has nothing better to do in the afterlife as supporting Thompson and his show. Imagine. You can get back to earth, materialize and all you are going to do is playing the drum or singing "wonderful world" day b day, month by month. if this would be the afterlife it would be far from a heaven and deceased people could not really be classified as higher beings.

So I doubt such guys like Thopson are really gifted. They may be great magicians and they may be great actors but this has nothing to do with supernatural inmy (anmd mayn others peoples eyes). Besides that I was told there are true materialisation mediums. But they refuse doing a spectacle in the public as well as taking money. They would never take any cent. They say this is a great gift and cannot be abused by making money with it. Sadly to say I never met one of those mediums. Some of them I was told have died, others are completely unknown and have good reasons to stay in the dark. But there are trustworthy sources outside in the web, griefing people who met their deceased family members, talked with them for hours, day by day, even saw them, felt them and received informations noone else could no. But those people do not appear in shows, not for money. They found a new idea of life and death, relief but they did not come to the idea making a profit out of their story.

Back to proving it. People like Dr.Klaus Volkamer in germany (you should d e f i n i t e l y mark this name) proved that there is something like an ether and a second fine structured body, which is invisible but can survive and exist independently from the normal body. This kind of materia is still unknown and even denied by science, but as said. Volkamer PROVED it exists. And he invited everyone to redo his experiments. This man has over 40 patents and is of high credibility. But do you think the big media or scientist papers take time to even mention him? He once said "when i confronted a former noble price winner with my results he said "if this would be true we would have found out long before" - Volkamer replied "you couldn`t as the machines I used are high tech and those computers were not available in earlier times. The noble price winner refused to continue the conversation. What ascientist!

I was fortunate finding Volkamers breathtaking results online, sad to say most is only in gernman. But to make a point. His results are f a c t s. Those people who do only believe what can be shown, smelled, felt, seen or measured should open up their eyes. That is exactly what can be done with VOLKAMERS results. Proven scientifically. And that is what we need if we want to reach the goal of finding out what goes on. We need more of that and we need it to presented it to the world. Most people just eat what they are fed with. Britney Spears wearing new panties. Bought. Doctor find prove for life after death. Yeah, interesting. But for sure, its easier for mass media to stay banal. So back to the panties. What a world.

Other people of high credibility who are really doing a good job in scientific prove are doctors who work in the NDE area. Pim Van Lommel is an outstanding doctor who did not have anything to win working in this area but ran the risk of losing his good reputation. His results deserve more than being mentioned. And there are many others. Youtube is a very good source for interested people. There is a lot of nonsense there, but you soon find out the pearls between the shells. And there are many.

Example of NDE experiences that cannot be explained by any means "if a patient without any brain function gets back after hours beeing able to say there is a shoe on the outher side of the builing on the 12th floor of the hospital. If a patient says he met his brother wondering why as he is still alive living on the other side of the world and is then informed this brother has died some hours ago. If a patinet was blin from birtth on and was able to describe things in his NDE, any explanation? Such "stories" cannot be simply overdone. And more than that. They cannot be explained by any brain dysfunction. Those are facts. And facts is what we need. Not Seance stories or Circle interna that is proudly presented by a group like that FELIX guys who seemingly just want to follow the SCOLE GROUP by any means, also in fame (and as said even if all they do is true it has no evidence as long as they do it in their small chamber without allowing investigation. E.G. they get apports again and again but do you think they would be fine with the idea of NOT TOUCHING the apport and checking for fingerprints to see if anyone of the group did prepare the apports. They are not.)

So let`s not waste too much time with seance room stories and people who say they can talk to the dead. This may be a convincing thing for the individual. But it wont give us results or general prove. I guess there are thousands of people from that simply enjoy making big money in the "grief industry", there may be others who still think they have a gift but they haven`t. And yes, there for sure are some who really have contacts. But if you have a barrell of rotten tomatoes it is a hard job finding out the few who are not bad (my english may be confusing sometimes).

People like Thompson were given more than a handful of chances being taken serious by proving what they are able to. But if all you earn is refusal of cooperation on a scientific way. Anyone may interpret this on his own.

I gave up entering seance rooms, I gave up doing phone contacts with mediums. I especially gave up hosting mediums other people told me to be brilliant and breathtaking as I was shocked how blind audience can be (Have a look on the book "Psychic Mafia" - the guy says some things may be true but what he saw and experienced was just fraud) I even refuse contacting anymore mediums that were officially tested and found grade A in testimonials by honorable people like Gary Schwarz and his team. I worship this guy and his work but the results I got from the tested mediums were trivial and any sceptic would have had all rights to say this was just the "fork in the dark" game they played. Maybe they are gifted, then they had a poor day when I was with them. No problem. I accept that.

Also people like Victor Zammit, sadly to say have lost the balance between the two sides. Zammit fell into the area of HARDCORE BELIEVERS now attacking anyone who is not taking all for granted. His cooperation with THOMPSON and some other people but especially his agressive way of beeing rude to peole who question his reports show he has turned to a priest-like person from the church of past centuries. Those who are not with our idea are against our idea. Worse to see. Even worse to see he has so much followers worldwide who simply take everything for granted he writes about (besidest he true facts meet the fraud stories there and appear side by side so its hard to differ) If someday any of the people he builds up all of his belief turn out to be frauds the whole building will crash. What a shame as the ground idea "life after death" is stable anyway. Maybe he got lost too much in his speakers corner days. People there also followed some vague idea, spoke for themselves and did not accept any other ideas or sceptiscism. But a park in London was not that dangerous as the web as widespread media is. My problem on him is, that his way of fighting for the right idea may have a controversal effect. He finally damages more than he reaches with his way of convincing people. (I have to say I read some reports of Zammit I have been personally and he did not host and those reports lacked the true sttaus what has happened there.)

Okay, I will end now. Sorry if I talked too much. As you see my friend this topic really has become my life. And I feel this is not a waste of time. I today have amazing contacts to scientists worldwide. Me, just a guy without diplomas or noble prices staying in contact with the great minds of our time. Wow. I should be thankful for the fact this topic is kept under the shelves, so such great people also chat with guys like me about it. And you know what. They support the idea of a life beyond. Most of them. Many of them had great experiences. Many of them search for answers, for prove. And those who did not find answers or evidence until now at least are open minded. That is what makes great people great. They are always open to the possible. Doors not locked inside the heart or brain or soul are easier to open and new things can enter. The times where all those ideas of life after death and consciousness that survives bodily death were said to be food for the death fearing and poor minded only have ended. What we have now is not a new edition of an esoteric flood but a real movement of intelligent people who want to find out the truth. Scientific results show there is so much more than we know and even if we are not able to grab it already follow a great lane that runs into the right direction I feel.

Life outside the earth. Planets that have earth like conditions. Life that came from other planets to the earth. Multidimensional models far from our oldschool 3D idea. There is so much more and its good to see there are people who care for that besides just the banal stuff. I think life was not made to concentrate on just making money, be on the winner list of materialistic thinking, supressing others. We have work to do here and it depends on our free will what we understand by saying "work to do". Life as a testimonial for a next dimension. Maybe.

Lets see what happens. I will now read again your great posting that sounds very interesting. As said such experiences may convince you in personal. Fine. But believe. In some days you will find have the first problems with that and question yourself if all has been true. I am used to that. Even quite straight readings that came to a point i recorded on tape were at least not really convincving by listening to them again and again. Even if you are a sceptic the danger to be fooled as you WANT TO HEAR SOME THINGS is enormous.

When I visited the Felixc Circle the first time things happening were quite interesting. Most were facinated. Not me. Be sure, I came to that even with a warm hearted wish to be cured of any scepticism. But it did not fulfil. The things which happened were interesting. You could not really debunk it all. But my inner told me that there was nothing on higher level going on there. It simply did not feel true. And you can trust your first intuition always. Most people do not use that great gift. Later it seemed to prove I was right with my feelings. (If I read the words from the circle guy who left the group)

As said I wished I would have been wrong. But on the other hand side I got aware of so many fascinating facts and people, results and science results geting to know the WEAK SIDE of that topic was needed to get in contact with the STRONG EVIDENCE. So also frsutration can have something positive. Do not give up if soemthing shakes you down. Do not believe if something great happens as sole event. Go on.

Have a great day and keep up balancing on the rope. Scepticism is needed in a field that is hosted by so many frauds. But as said it is NOTALLFRAUDS. :O)

• Advertisement

both my back and my laptop are acting up so I will have to make this short.

i think the post above pretty much encapsulates where i stand now on the subject of the afterlife. it's very difficult to remain moderate and balanced when one investigates the afterlife. even mediums and psychics who are well meaning can be completely deluded or unintentionally cold reading.

I will have to read the post above a few times but i don't think i can disagree with anything in it. as i mentioned in my second post i'm always interested in the views of professional scientists not just because of their education but more because of how much they have to lose and how much ridicule they have to face if they discuss the dead.

I hope that you will continue to post any evidence that you find interesting here. I'm not sure how much deeper I want to go in this subject at the moment. There is a psychological dark side that one needs to be very careful about poking with a stick!

The most boring word in the world has been of the greatest help to me over the last few years. Moderation. The buddhists call it 'the middle way'. When i find myself thinking or feeling immoderately on a subject i know now that its time to back off. Therefore i'm not sure what I'll do next regarding psychic phenomena, but if i get any ideas I'll let you know!

in the meantime, thanks very much again and good luck!

I agree. I am wondering often if I am doing wrong spending so much time on this subject. We are for sure here to live our actual life. As my father often says "boy, be aware of the fact that there is also life before death" He sure is right with that. On the other hand side I am sure nothing happens accidentally. When I reached this side reading your post I felt the need to answer. Done. :) I feel one of my lifes subjects has to do with all this stuff. It did not only change my lifes view, it finally gave me a way to life, far from any religious rules or the idea of a senseless life that started by chance and ends someday and simply is over. I also could have lived with the fact its all just coincidence. But if I reached a small gap in life I can say I have learned it has definitely nothing to do with coincidence.

Yes. No need to enter those ideas and thoughts deeper. No way. I am sure your intuition will lead you. Enjoy your life. The rest will show. If you feel uncomfortable with the subject (as I do sometimes as well) just close the book. We are here just a short time and in my eyes you have already come to the point that there is more. Maybe there is no need to get this more precise. My inner voices tell me to stay aboard but I may not exclude this may change tomorrow and I get back to the normal life and will never ever concentrate on all of this. Free will. Free life.

In the end. We get all the answers. Everyone.
    Have a great life my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

http://felixcircle.blogspot.com/2008/09/ectoplasm-and-full-form.html

How can anyone actually believe this is anything other than a person just dressed in white cloth?? :confused:

Well. As we know things are not always as the look. So unbelievable materialisations that look genuine may be fraud and things that look like primitively faked may be true.

I myself have come to the point that materialisations are in most cases fraud. Due to experiences. Not of the look of the pictures BUT the senseless way those spirits act. If one came down to earth again and materialised, a higher beeing. Would it really do just stupid gags.

Remember. David Thompson is TOURING with his spectacle round the globe. And then there are people like Louis Armstrong appearing day by day, singing. Why should he follow the program of an earthling that makes his finances shine with that. I doubt that. The next is intuition. You feel if you are in a room if something is genuine or not. Thats also what others reported to me.

Concerning some of those events I only met people who felt nothing. And believe, I entered the first of those shows with highest respect and the idea and acceptance everything can be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 macthegay

Sorry this is an old thread but I would like to chie in as a Gay Modern Spiritualist. There's a saying I often use: "None so blind as those who choose not to see....". I was wrong about Kai Muegge posting that he was "fraudulent and insulting".

I'm not a supporter of physical mediumship over any other type and expect that all mediums should be able to give convincing demonstrations to experienced sitters. Those unfamiliar with such phenomena are not the best placed to be able to judge what's happening vs what's being claimed. With Kai I feel differently.

Kai Muegge is not only real but as a gay physical medium, he is magnificent.

Ectoplasm rules!

mac

macthegay wrote: »

Kai Muegge is not only real but as a gay physical medium, he is magnificent.

Ectoplasm rules!

mac

Hi, this topic will never get old therefore each posting is welcome in my eyes :) I accept your altitude concerning Kai. I have my reasons for some doubt anyway and those things are not second or third hand issues. But I agree some things that I by myself experienced in his auditions are remarkable.
    Much more remarkable than the things I experienced at Thompsons touring trough out the world. Especially concerning ectoplasm Kai seemingly shows high interest in proving that the occurring things are real. And compared to David Thompson Kai wants to give evidence to the world and interested people.

Thompson gets very fast upset if it comes to sceptics. Sceptiscs are not NON BELIEVERS and as well not CLOSE MINDED SCEPTICS as Zammit often says, it’s just people who are very much into the thing, by experiences, magic circle informations, books and more and therefore know what is possible in trickery and fraud ... as said I strongly believe and tend to say I know there is an afterlife but anyway I am not interested in being fooled by anyone.

For sure there are some frauds out there and I always make my first hand impressions, visit the events and get to talk to the people, check backgrounds and last not least let my senses and intuition tell me what is going on. But for sure such experiences are always subjective and only worth a lot to yourself not valid if you pass the words to others. I am very interested in Kai Muegges development especially in his cooperation with experts trying to prove what happens there, I guess after some things I get to know from the Felix Circle from former times that’s a fair acting.

And for sure I see much more evidence in Kai producing ectoplasm under red light conditions and checked by experts instead of David Thompson making Louis Armstrong appearing in the dark day by day and singing "what a wonderful world". Let’s again point out: all I say is based on my personal experiences. And I did and do my best to validate what I see, feel, hear and get to know and only first hand information is okay for me in judging what is seemingly going on.

Maybe Kai has evolved very much and maybe the guy I got to know as leader of a small circle that was founded on the idea of making just a tv production has become one of the strongest mediums of the new century. All is possible in my eyes, besides, I am still sceptic...which is good for finding the truth. Warmest regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FatherArun

Hi notallfrauds...it's truly inspiring to see how your stand on this subject matches with mine.
    I lost my father out of a sudden last year and from there only it all started. He was my everything, my life - so I hope you know my compulsion now. Before that incident I didn't even bother to think about this topic.

I contacted 3 reputed mental mediums after this but had almost no result. I have a great compulsion to believe in afterlife but can't get my emotion fool me. I have done almost nothing compared to you in this area but have extensively read and watch online materials over the year. It's fascinating to find so many real capable people and scientists agree to this survival fact. I also think that w/o afterlife this life is nothing more than a long running movie and it's worth investing time to find out if there is a truth beyond this physical.
    I would like to know your stand after 4-5 years in this field of research...I would like to be in touch.
    I'm a rational person and really want to contribute to this cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

An interesting video. I'm presuming that none of the investigations were recorded on video? If so, I'd love to see it, but I'm presuming it wasn't as per usual.

Just to keep this thread alive I want to post a 15 minute interview with the recently deceased Dr. David Fontana, an academic psychologist from Liverpool.

It is basically academic suicide to investigate the paranormal with an open skepticism. So what has he got to gain from giving this interview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGV8aQxCsCI

My own position on the paranormal is that i am biased in favour of finding something but unfortunately I have a vicious skepticism that won't allow me to accept any position without concrete evidence. Since we are dealing with the dead I have to accept that that evidence might be a little difficult to experience/witness/document.

any thoughts?

regarding the curtain mentioned by the previous poster I have to accept the opinion of the doctor who wrote the blog piece, that the privacy somehow contains some kind of energy but basically i haven't a clue. i need to investigate physical mediumship further.

edit: he was interviewed before he died, just in case the first sentence is confusing....

FatherArun wrote: »
    Hi notallfrauds...it's truly inspiring to see how your stand on this subject matches with mine.
    I lost my father out of a sudden last year and from there only it all started. He was my everything, my life - so I hope you know my compulsion now. Before that incident I didn't even bother to think about this topic.

I contacted 3 reputed mental mediums after this but had almost no result. I have a great compulsion to believe in afterlife but can't get my emotion fool me. I have done almost nothing compared to you in this area but have extensively read and watch online materials over the year. It's fascinating to find so many real capable people and scientists agree to this survival fact. I also think that w/o afterlife this life is nothing more than a long running movie and it's worth investing time to find out if there is a truth beyond this physical.
    I would like to know your stand after 4-5 years in this field of research...I would like to be in touch.
    I'm a rational person and really want to contribute to this cause.

Dear fatherArun.
    Sorry for not getting back earlier. And thanks for your kind mail. Not sure you will read my post but nevertheless I try. I deeply regret your loss and even any knowledge of an aferlife and being reunited with your loved ones for sure could not take away the pain from you. I guess suffering is a part of our work we have to do here on the earth. Something we hopefully are not used to in a world beyond. Let me tell you in all the years and decades my frustrating experiences with frauds cheaters and only self called psychics were exreme. On many points of the road I surely wanted to give up searching for the light as the darkness was too thick. But there is a light inside me, an inner flame that still burns and even if this would not be of proving ground, I KNOW there is something and counting all my experiences, people I met, books I read and presons I talked with and so on the massive amount of small hints and facts at least formed a working Image as well.

Sad to say it is much easier to prove fraud than truth. Concerning the Felix Circle seemingly new informations arose and I hope they will be spread around the web for those interested. The Journal of Scientifi c Exploration, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 229–283, 2014 has two articles concerning teh Felix Group. Once highly expected from the FEG the appearance of the results will for sure not cause much amusement there. Michael Nahm, researcher who sat many many times with the FEG and had acess to the inner sanctum so to say as well as Stephen Braude finally concluded that magic tricks or lets call it fraud must be suspected in at least a few cases. The facts are written down in the Journal. After a Long time of work and trust in the mediumship of Muegge finally the evidence for trickery grew. Example, Muegge had bought luminous and non luminous cobweb online but denied that when faced with the facts by the investigators. Michale Nahm could prove that at least some of the ectoplasm Images had exact similarity with the cobweb. Muegge deleting posts from his blog did not really do a good Job in supporting the belief in his work.

Another fail seemingly. But the investigtors also claim not all phenomen could be explained by fraud which is a good news maybe. But amybe you know the speech "who lied once lost trust forever". So far, the vast amount of suspicious things around the phenomena speak a clear messsage in my eyes. For sure you should make your own conclusions by reading the articles. I am as you can guess not allowed posting them online.

My friend. And I may call you that as we are all linked and I feel familiar with anyone out there, especially the good and friendly ones. Dont give up. I learned that the answers with value walk silent, the fraudulent things marchin loud.

And even that story has a maybe higher realm. As it is written down in the article Muegge from the Felix Circle bought that cobweb online by an earlier sitter who attended a seance. Now keep in mind there are 80 Million people let alone in germany. And this order was done there... Coincidence? Or maybe the act of a higher source that said "we had to stop that nonsense down there"

Feel embraced and have a wonderful day my friend. If you want send me a note and I pass you my mail data for further correspondence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 siemmens

Hi notallfrauds, I am very interested in all the data that you bring your. I've seen hundreds of photographs of ectoplasm. I've seen the "ectoplasm" Kai. I have serious doubts about them. I read your post on the artificial spiderweb. I have seen many similarities to the spider web and Kai ectoplasm. The ectoplasm of Kai fall down and has holes in the middle as artificial spider web, but can not find true ectoplamas that are similar. I searched "The Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol 28" but I can not find, I think you have to pay.

I will continue to look as objectively as possible

• Advertisement

siemmens. I again will stress out I am a true believer if not even knower of the supernatural. And maybe even Muegge sometimes produces real phenomena. But I watched this case with many efforts in years from a distance so noone could see me but I could see quite well what is going on.

Reading the Journal (yes you have to be a member and pay for the articles I am sorry as well for that) more than eventualities arise as the evidence on trickery are very very strong. Not only concerning the cobweb but also a gadget called D'lite Flight that produces sweet Little lights. You can YouTube that. Investigator Nahm found out that and had some quite remarkable support by Mr.Soederling the Circle Leader himself. You read that, even the offcial Circle Leader has some doubts.

Maybe as said it is indeed a mixture of real and faked phenomena. But thats the problem. Whom can you trust if he lied in one instance. How to seperate? Once bitten twice shy as we look for the final evidence for those who still doubt and need their (healthy) scepticism fed with absolutely remarkable results.

Let me add that it is not only the cowbeb thing that is discussed but also the fact Muegge deleted posts after being confronted with the facts. Articles and photos. Now this in my eyes speaks clear words. Especially as Muegge did not tell the truth to the investigators when they asked him on cobweb, telling he not even knew of the existence of that stuff. Investigator Nahm finally held the invoice of more than a kilo of that substance in his hands with Muegges Name on it, so even a loyal person finally must conclude 1+1 makes 2. And I can confirm from my point of view after studying all that material and more, neither Nahm nor Braude were happy with the results as they were hoping for something completely different.

I sense that: Kai wanted to do a psychic group. He started with tricks and the mediums the group unconsciously react and generate phenomena.

If Kai makes a complicated trick, mediums the group also will generate more complicated phenomenon. "If they believe it possible, they will do"

The problem is that it is not a scientific group is a group whose goal is mediumistic: mediumistic phenomena. They have uncontrolled phenomena. True phenomena mixed with false phenomena.

I do not see utility in this group if they mix truth and lies. They only have fame, but they do not contribute anything to science.

I have visited your blog. I was surprised of the few comments from people. I did not know that erased compromised comments. He has a nice blog and very intersante.

(excuse my bad english)

Hi...thanks for your answer. I dont have actually too much time but I want three things here to be settled.

1) Muegge did use a tool called D'Lite Flight in some instances for his flying light. Muegge himself finally had to confess that to his Circle Leader.

2) Muegge did buy massive amounts of glowing (luminous) and non glowing cobweb in the Internet. Besides the D'Lite tool Muegge claimed towards Michael Nahm that he never had used or bought such a stuff and was not even aware of it. When Nahm faced him with the invoice facts ther contact was cut off (and some suspicious articles on the blog disappeared)

3) When Stephen Braude confronted him with the cobweb story Muegge agreed he bought something like that ton see if it Looks different to his ectoplams. He then showed a Video of totally different cobweb that was far from the stuff he bought before in masses.

Similar attempts to make ectoplasm like photos with the cowbeb proved that it exactly looked like some of the ectoplam that was shown on Muegges Blog.

Think yourself, this all does not judge on the paranormal which for sure exists and is by far much more normal than anything else but some people who seemingly use a good idea for bad games. I dont accept any excuse from a so called medium using tricks anytime, not even once. And this here speaks a clear language and even if Muegge may be gifted he spoiled this with the facts above.

A genuine good hearted medium in my eyes aware of ist connection to the higher realms for sure would not cheat people anytime. In opposite such actiosn reveal in my eyes the disbelief in a higher source that is built up on lovem trust and honest acting.

To those who are real, may your work and efforts for mankind arise and get accepted by the mass someday. And for the others...you will be faced with your rewards for sure someday. Karma does not forget...

I kept a copy of all blog Muegge (I keep copies of all the interesting information on internet mediums) I have found that two post removed that reference Stephen Braude (8. Januar 2013, and 3. September 2012 ). This shows the "tension" between FEG and Braude. I had high hopes for the new groups of spiritualism, but I'm a little disappointed.

siemmens
    I understand that as I myself as well was really frustrated. But if you find one bad strawberry on the field, would you think all are bad? I am sure many, many circles out there do a wonderful work and are guided by higher spirits. Good intentions are like magnets. I am sure many circles do not even appear in the public, maybe the best materialisation mediums (and for sure there are some) are totally unknown and affect miracles in private. Wisdom acts silent.

Eternity has a lot of time to prove itself...

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Flashbacker

Hello would it be possible for me to connect with you about this privately, I'm doing some research on Physical Mediumship and I would love to speak more about the Felix circle you were involved with?
    many thanks,
    Sarah Harbinger
    Well. As we know things are not always as the look. So unbelievable materialisations that look genuine may be fraud and things that look like primitively faked may be true.

I myself have come to the point that materialisations are in most cases fraud. Due to experiences. Not of the look of the pictures BUT the senseless way those spirits act. If one came down to earth again and materialised, a higher beeing. Would it really do just stupid gags.

Remember. David Thompson is TOURING with his spectacle round the globe. And then there are people like Louis Armstrong appearing day by day, singing. Why should he follow the program of an earthling that makes his finances shine with that. I doubt that. The next is intuition. You feel if you are in a room if something is genuine or not. Thats also what others reported to me.

Concerning some of those events I only met people who felt nothing. And believe, I entered the first of those shows with highest respect and the idea and acceptance everything can be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Desmonddoyle

Ectoplasm doesn't even exist - we've known its a hoax for over a hundred years. Has no one ever thought to stick some of this stuff in a jar and shoot it off to a lab somewhere...
    25% cheesecloth
    30% muslin
    40% toothpaste
    5% white spirit ghost material unknown to science

Well, never say never. What I can confirm is that Muegge bought masses of synthetic cobweb and never ever answered on the question why he bought it. What I as well can confirm is we used the cobweb as well and received the same ectoplasm effects as Muegge on his photos. Definitely fake and many other things also speak for fraud in this case. Nevertheless I never would say all ectoplams is fake. But if it comes to people like Muegge and Thompson, well yes, I doubt by all my experiences and proves I received they can materialise anything but a lot of cash from their poor believers, sad to say as such people spoilt the idea and belief and are exactly the opposite of spirited people in my eyes...if they would believe in a higher world they for sure would NOT cheat people as this definitely spoils your karma for a long time.

Advertisement