Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Meeting house square still do the free cinema in the summer?

Options
  • 10-07-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone knows if meeting house square in temple bar still do the free cinema showing on Saturday nights during the summer, used to go to it quite a bit a few years ago and wondering if its still on as it is a really cool evening to have in town. It used to be sponsored by stellar artois..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Flash86

I think there is an ongoing archeological dig on there at the moment. They were installing some lights or something and discovered viking ruins.

Doubtlful it would be on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Flash86 wrote: »
    They were installing some lights or something

...a roof!

But yeah, Viking stuff has put a halt to things. So nothing going on there for now.

I used to love those screenings too though! You'd get a couple of vouchers to get yourself free pints of Stella in some of the pubs around Temple Bar after the movie.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yeah, they were putting up awnings and found a viking settlement.

so nothing happening there for a long time to come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Oh, I was jsut reading that there are movies being screened on Cow's Lane for the Made in Temple Bar festival thingy. Info on this site:

http://www.templebar.ie/Event/MadeInTempleBar

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

cosmic wrote: »
    Oh, I was jsut reading that there are movies being screened on Cow's Lane for the Made in Temple Bar festival thingy. Info on this site:

http://www.templebar.ie/Event/MadeInTempleBar

oh god dammit - they are showing my favorite movie of all time and it is now sold out

Breakfast at Tiffanys - i would have loved to torture young des with that movie :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement