Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about starting off

Options
  • 10-07-2011 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

1) Is Initial Basic Training necessary for driving a moped? (49cc)
    2) Do I need to take another theory test for motorcycles, even after the one I took for cars?
    3) Where can I get material for the theory test if I need to take it? (preferably online)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

tom.mcc wrote: »
    1) Is Initial Basic Training necessary for driving a moped? (49cc)
    2) Do I need to take another theory test for motorcycles, even after the one I took for cars?
    3) Where can I get material for the theory test if I need to take it? (preferably online)

Have a look here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tom.mcc

Thanks for the response, was just looking for some clarification on that thread.
    If you are applying for your first learner permit you must include a theory test certificate along with your learner-permit application.

Since it's not my first learner permit, does this mean I don't need a theory test certificate?
    All new first time learner permit holders for motorcycles are required to undertake Initial Basic Training (IBT) with an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI).

Do motorcycles (A/A1) = mopeds (M)?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

tom - i have a full car license so when I went to get a provisional for the bike, I just had to fill out the form and show my license - as my full license was gotten after the theory test.
    but if in doubt, just go in and ask. sorry i can't help more

Advertisement