Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Root Desire S

Options
  • 10-07-2011 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

Lost my Desire the other day and my insurance gave me a Desire S as a replacement. From what I can see I can't root it (?) or else the process to do it is very young.

I did find this site http://alpharev.nl/x/beta/ has anyone tried this out? Does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

looks like you could be the first! mine gone back for repair after 4 weeks, overheating & freezing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

just did it, worked perfectly first time (windows 7)

now to start messing with roms. . .must wait until after exam :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

theteal wrote: »
    just did it, worked perfectly first time (windows 7)

now to start messing with roms. . .must wait until after exam :mad:

Nice, are there any roms available yet?

just an update, i ran this and it did S-Off my Desire S but didn't Root. I think the Root should be do-able now so just trying that using Gingerbreak

EDIT:

ran Gingerbreak and while it gave me an error saying it didn't work, it did work. Have Root access

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

nedd wrote: »
    Nice, are there any roms available yet?

yeah, there seems to be a few on the xda desire s page. there have been a few available for some time, just some of us unlucky "s-on"ers had to wait for this exploit

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »

yeah, there seems to be a few on the xda desire s page. there have been a few available for some time, just some of us unlucky "s-on"ers had to wait for this exploit

Great, I had been using cyanogen on my regular desire and I'm missing it already. I know cyanogen isn't available yet but I will try something out anyway.

Advertisement