Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting photos to facebook from phone without 3G connection?

Options
  • 10-07-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭

Ive a Galaxy S II. I don´t have 3G connection where I´m now. How do I upload photos from the phone to facebook? Or is it possible? Can do with USB cable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Ive a Galaxy S II. I don´t have 3G connection where I´m now. How do I upload photos from the phone to facebook? Or is it possible? Can do with USB cable?

you can do it with a usb cable to a laptop with internet, the photos will be there as if was an external harddrive when connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Thanks for the reply.I tried to do that but a message came up saying new hardware and you need to insert the CD to install hardware. I didn´t get any CD with the phone????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Thanks for the reply.I tried to do that but a message came up saying new hardware and you need to insert the CD to install hardware. I didn´t get any CD with the phone????

That's odd, if never connected before should just install drivers like a small usb key or something similar.

When you connect the phone, does it come up on the phone to turn on the usb connection?

Upon thinking about it, maybe its built in to look for the kies software? I don't have a samsung, so can't check the settings, but if you go into settings and then wifi & network there is a USB mass storage mode he says to tick? he's gone now so can't check fully.

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

When you connect to the computer using a usb cable, pull down the notification bar on the phone and select the option to connect the phone via usb. It will then give you the option to mount the phone. Select "mount" and the SD card will appear as a external drive on the computer.

Lads thanks for the help. Ive connected it and it did install something. Now though nothing is happpening. When I go into My Computer there is no link and there is nothing on the Galaxy screen???

• Advertisement

Has anyone found a solution to this?
    I looked online and there appears to have been problems before with connecting the USB cable.
    This phone is great when you know what you are doing and everything works but there is very poor information coming when you buy the phone. It doesn´t explain how to do anything and you basically have to go figure yourself.
    I am getting a message saying equipment not recognised when I plug in the USB. I have tried looking in My Computer for the USB connection. A connection does appear but none of the files are being read...it has folders for Android and a few others but there is nothing in them.
    Can´t get info online so if anyone has an idea I´d appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Unplug the phone, go into Settings > Applications > Development and tick USB Debugging.
    Next time you connect it to the computer youll get a USB connected notification. Click on this and then youll have an option to Connect USB Storage. You can take the pictures off the phone then

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Unplug the phone, go into Settings > Applications > Development and tick USB Debugging.
    Next time you connect it to the computer youll get a USB connected notification. Click on this and then youll have an option to Connect USB Storage. You can take the pictures off the phone then

That sorted my problem. Thanks very much.

Advertisement