Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dropped desire screen cracked help!!!

Options
  • 10-07-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭

As above,correction screen fine ie LCD but glass worse for wear.
    What can I do about replacing it?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Replacement screen would be the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Where to get one?
    and how to fit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

I used this guide this aftrenoon to replace my LCD that gave up after letting my HTC Desire drop last week:HTC Tear Down

Bought my replacement LCD from Ebay

Works a treat, Took about 1.5 hours and i now working A1

Hope this helps.

I used this guide this aftrenoon to replace my LCD that gave up after letting my HTC Desire drop last week:HTC Tear Down

Bought my replacement LCD from Ebay

Works a treat, Took about 1.5 hours and i now working A1

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that!
    I take it you cannot get just the glass but have to buy the whole screen(glass and lcd)?
    thnaks
    again!

Not sure, I just bought the LCD on it's own. The glass you mention is the digitizer. I cannot see why you could just buy this on its own and fit it......if you are brave enough to do it!

• Advertisement

Not sure, I just bought the LCD on it's own. The glass you mention is the digitizer. I cannot see why you could just buy this on its own and fit it......if you are brave enough to do it!

see on this pic in the tear down,this is what i am talking about.
    My lcd is intact just the outer glass is broken,where in this pic both are shattered.
    You see what i mean?
    you wreckon i may be handier just to get the screen and fit the whole assembly?
    Does a new digitizer come with the new screen?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HTC-Desire-G7-Touch-Digitizer-Display-Screen-Glass-UK-/130540904950?pt=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item1e64d821f6
    thanks
    j

Got it I think!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=952124

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

how far did you drop it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

The glass bit is the digitizer, so it's not just a cover.

seanin4711 wrote: »
    see on this pic in the tear down,this is what i am talking about.
    My lcd is intact just the outer glass is broken,where in this pic both are shattered.
    You see what i mean?
    you wreckon i may be handier just to get the screen and fit the whole assembly?
    Does a new digitizer come with the new screen?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HTC-Desire-G7-Touch-Digitizer-Display-Screen-Glass-UK-/130540904950?pt=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item1e64d821f6
    thanks
    j

Got it I think!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=952124

Yeah that looks similar to the tear down guide posted above. There's nothing stoping you from doing it.....just take your time and have a strong coffee before hand!

What to stick the digitizer with would need to be bang on...not worth going back over it. Once is enough to be doing this job! !

here are two pics the digitizer landed on the outer rim as you can see but lcd seems ok!
    what you guys think?
    would i get away with just the digitizer?
    thanks in advance
    S

Jeez i miss my desire!especially cardio trainer!

• Advertisement

seanin4711 wrote: »

here are two pics the digitizer landed on the outer rim as you can see but lcd seems ok!
    what you guys think?
    would i get away with just the digitizer?
    thanks in advance
    S

Jeez i miss my desire!especially cardio trainer!

I'm fairly sure you'll get away with just replacing the digitizer. It was the LCD packed in on mine, I was getting lines all over after dropping it.

My biggest problem was trying to determine if I had amoled or SLCD screen. It was SLCD in the end.

Anyways, I think you should go for it. If unsure hed over to xda forums and double check with someone who has done similar.

Make sure you have right tools for the job. Got mine on blueunplugged about 18 months ago. Proved invaluable for my SLCD. Replacement.

Advertisement