Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having problem getting past 3000pp?

Options
  • 10-07-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

In super I was 3.5k. I just can't break that barrier in ae. Anyone else suffering in ae?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Probably js me then

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Haven't played ranked in AE much.

Get stuck around the 4,000pp mark in Super. Would bob up and down between 3,600 and 4,500. Had it up to about 4,950 once. Highest I got it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Went up to 2.8k in two days, that was my best, now I'm about 2000. When I hit 5k bp with yun at same time, I find it hard to climb now/ i suck lol

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah with BP I got stuck around the 13,000 mark for a few weeks before getting up to just over 16,000 in a short space of time. After that I got stuck in the high 15,000 for a while. Looses cost so much BP at that level you have to win like 4-5 winds games to get the BP back.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

In super I topped out at about 3200pp then I gave up caring about pp. In AE I'm hovering around the 1000pp mark. I'm switching between multiple characters at the minute. Got 5k with Rose, 2.5k with Juri and 2.5k with Evil Ryu. I have to say I'm having the most fun playing with Evil Ryu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I passed it once, just looked for games with the same ranked as me or higher you'l get slightly more points than just looking under "any".

I back down to like 2100k'ish? had a sh'it load of connection problems lost a crap load of points, and got some many messages saying rage quitter n stitch even when I was one round up.. meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

i had 4k+ in super.. now i barely got 3k :P

I prefer endless these days. Ranked is just a head melter at times. Rarely I play properly good people, seems to be people with too much time on their hands or who just have lots of points from playing a lot but suck

Endless is more relaxed, I have my sanity to consider

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm the same as you Ramza, playing alot more EB than ranked nowadays. I try to find players who seem to be playing their character properly and learn as much as I can.

In SSF4, I was about 9200BP with Deejay and my highest PP was about 3300. Since I went back up to B DeeJay in AE, I've lost interest in the BP/PP stats as I feel like I'm getting bad habits in ranked. Random stuff that would get hammered in live play.

No point in having a 9k deejay when you can't win matches at tournaments. I'm playing about 35% training, 50% EB and 15% ranked right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Wouldn't worry to much about it

Play more EB then anything after getting fed up with ranked

Most i ever accumulated was 2700 around that, and now I've somthing just near 1000 cause of playing with different characters for the hell of it

You take on lots of bad habits from ranked I've noticed so i try not to play it too much

Could be a match up from AE that your weak against but haven't noticed?

Sagat is noticeably more difficult I've noticed in AE then from Super so maybe its just a character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I don't know what you're all talking about. I've had my Endless lobbies set to 5000PP+ Only since launch day.

It's your current rank on the leaderboards,meaning you are ranked 3112 on the leaderboards for PP

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deeds372

id say that at the moment 2000 pp in ae is equivalent to 3000 in super although i dont play ranked much so i stand to be corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

No

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Passed it..... **sigh finally

Advertisement