Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Djent ???

Options
  • 10-07-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Thought I would throw this up just to see how many people are listening to djent classed bands.

I had seen a thread about periphery and just wanted to know how many of you thought they were better instrumental ?

And another one we have a great irish djent/metal band -Red enemy my first time seeing them in fibbers supporting tesseract and they just blew me away. They had a song posted on djentlemens club wolves which was insane.
    :pac:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZPrpYXmjC8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

Absolutely love djent, just love it :P With periphery, yeah, much prefer their instrumental stuff, can't stand the vocals:(

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

gungun wrote: »
    Absolutely love djent, just love it :P With periphery, yeah, much prefer their instrumental stuff, can't stand the vocals:(

Vocals really improved for the EP though. And Spencer really does well live now which was his major flaw as the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fracturedphase

I will agree with you the instrumentals are by far my favorite on the other hand with their new ep spencers vocals have got alot better jetpacks was yes v2 is a good example .

good to see we have djent fans on here :D

Have either of you heard fellsilent ?
    if not check them out.
    they have disband while back as people know ackle is now in tesseract
    noddy(drummer of fellsilent) now in heart of a coward these guys are god damn!!! brilliant

Also i have set a page up to try get VIRA to play here in dublin as i spoke to kim(vocalist) a few times over this will link page next post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

What exactly makes 'Djent' a genre of it's own? I was going to make a joke about how in a few years there are probably going to be 'Djentcore' bands, because adding core to the end of every type of metal seems to be the done thing these days. A quick google showed me that this apparently already exists. I think it's about time i gave up on music.

Having said that, periphery are a petty good band instrumentally, vocals get pretty irritating.

well coarse their will be djentcore not that anybody is looking foward to it!! i think djent has splashed out and landed in the subgenre given its only a sound/now becoming a tone ! but i think its the way some bands a putting their music out! sadly some music has hit a serious low example design the skyline/ victory records signed these guys up!!! but then look who victory have on their label such as otep ? buts maybe its the scene of some bands or just how they look ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Have either of you heard fellsilent ?
    if not check them out.
    they have disband while back

I have absolutely no idea who/what Djent is, but Fellsilent were a fantastic band, The Hidden Words is a cracker of an album! :) Such a pity they split up.

true such a shame! they had such a great sound!! and hidden words was amazing :D i still think their should be some sort of comeback now that neema has left monuments

Would also like to share was at the ghost inside gig tonight in fibbers!! so just back in navan really 15 mins but i will say wow what a night was up front 99.9% of the night waiting for red enemy and yes !wolves! was played gave kev a hand with a few lines !!! was awsome loved the night was great cant wait to see them again a true band !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Rockettmeister

You should give my band Shattered Skies a go, we're a djent/melodic groove metal band from Wicklow :)

http://www.facebook.com/shatteredskiesband

beleive it or not i just downloaded one of your songs few weeks ago and ****ing loved it :D got if off djentlemen

• Advertisement

Thanks a million dude :) you can get our whole EP for free at http://shatteredskies.bandcamp.com

Also could I ask you a MASSIVE favour? We're in a competition on got-djent.com to play Euroblast 2011 with Textures, Mnemic, Monuments, TesseracT, Vildjharta, Sybreed, Chimp Spanner etc and we're one of the frontrunners, but we badly need some more votes to win!

Just go to http://got-djent.com/euroblast-poll and make an account on the site (only takes a minute) and then vote Shattered Skies :D

(also if you could spread it around and get more people to vote I'd love you forever)

Sorry I'll stop spamming now, a friend of mine made a thread on the poll already but I figured it'd be a good idea to throw it here considering you've heard of us :)

yeah would be more than happy to vote man lol already have an account ;] and whens yous do play with Vildjharta! and you hit fibbers again pints are on me !!!!

And another thing last rant for the night i promise ! have ordered my second agile guitar this being an 8 string !(foaming out the mouth with joy) should be in my hands on tuesday will post a review of it and the agile 727

Nice man, awesome guitars they are :D thanks dude, we'll be sure to join you for pints soon, legend!

cheers man will be looking foward to it man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Periphery need to get rid of that bloody vocalist. He's a great singer and all, but is there really any need to sing over almost every second of the fuggin' music? Seriously.... the music works well enough on it's own, theres no need for Vocals, I think. Although, I just wish more bands would follow the suit of releasing both an instrumental and a "with vocals" version of their albums. Vildjharta anyone?

Big fan of some of the bands.... Periphery (purely because most of what Bulb has done is just gold) Tesseract (vocals are excellent) Skyharbor (Keshav is a genious, but I prefer his instrumental work) Threat Signal etc.

I just can't stand the way this whole "Djent" term is actually thrown around. Some claim it's a genre. Some don't. I consider it a gimmick. I don't listen to the above bands for the sake of being Djent. I've listened to a few other of these "Djent" bands (Monuments etc.... can't remember any more names at the moment) who are apparently considered "Djentier" but just sound like sh!te.

All in all, a total fad. At least Meshuggah are getting more recognition now. They deserve it, even if it is because of some silly onomatopoeia phrase that some child coined.

well firstly some songs do suit spencer down to the ground he has great vocal talent! but will say bulb seemed kind of mishas own thing that he did not want anyone else on really but his music is probably wrote too fit without vocals.

and yes vildjharta had focus but needless to say they are great either with or without vocals. lady luck is a great one.

i think what kicked off the whole djent phase was really with periphery not to mention tessearct so called (kings of djent)

but i dont mind calling it djent but maybe so more groove metal.

And i think meshuggh wanted to stay away from the whole djent names by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

While I enjoy quite a few of the bands already listed (and I must give the others a listen) I am another who can't stand the name 'djent'. Seriously, what was wrong with "experimental metal", "progressive metal" or just plain bloody "metal"?

even tho its been around for awhile i just think now with these bands it has become the new thing for bands and they want to be known as djent im guessing its giving people something new to listen to if they havent heard it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Malice wrote: »
    While I enjoy quite a few of the bands already listed (and I must give the others a listen) I am another who can't stand the name 'djent'. Seriously, what was wrong with "experimental metal", "progressive metal" or just plain bloody "metal"?

How about ''experimental djent''?

No?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Don't know if they are considered to be Djentlemen but The Contortionist and After the Burial are two of the best metal bands working at the moment.

after the burial are a great band !

Hey all never checked this since i last posted hope all of you are still interested

Looking foward to more people throwing up some bands their !!!!

And BTW vildhjarta has hit a sweet spot with their album anyone else agree ???? ;]

Advertisement