Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling to Egypt - Safe?

Options
  • 09-07-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi there,

We're considering traveling to egypt next month and moving on to israel and jordan, and the obvious question arose, is it safe in the immediate aftermath of the revolution? There were massive protests yesterday in tahrir sq, and some sporadic incidents of violence with 12 deaths last week, exactly where in cairo im not sure. I dont want to be melodramatic as I understand this is a turbulent time for egypt, but are tourists in any danger at the moment? We accept that there are always risks when traveling, especially in this region, but are they excessive right now?

I have checked the travel advisories and they indicate that travelers should exercise caution, but this is vague. Forums such as lonely planet suggest it is grand but the media paint a picture of hell, so could anyone in the know provide better insight?

Right now, we are inclined to go, stupid decision?
    Tagged:

Advertisement