Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

excess on windscreen claims

Options
  • 09-07-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I am pricing around for insurance at the moment and i'm seeing the word "excess" a lot. I know that in the event of a claim against the insurance i have to pay the excess amount but does this include windscreen claims? It wouldn't be worth claiming for a windscreen if I have to pay 300 euro excess! can anyone help with this? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

i have claimed for a few windscreens and never had to pay anything

Winsdcreen cover is independent of the excess in all cases I've ever heard of, worth double checking I suppose but I doubt any crowd consider it a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I don't think the excess applies to windscreen claims.
    Just on a side note. I've been with Aviva for 5 years and they wanted €620 this year compared to €380 last year for the exact same cover. I got fully comprehensive with 123.ie for €268 instead. Aviva can swing... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's normally no excess on a windscreen claim, however most insurers have authorised repairers that they recommend you use, if you don't use one of these they normally restrict the amount they will pay towards the repair to around €250 or so and you have to pay the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Are you sure it's not windscreen cover to a limit of €300. Got a quote from Axa the other day and thats what it says on mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

zapata wrote: »
    I don't think the excess applies to windscreen claims.
    Just on a side note. I've been with Aviva for 5 years and they wanted €620 this year compared to €380 last year for the exact same cover. I got fully comprehensive with 123.ie for €268 instead. Aviva can swing... :p
    Did you ring Aviva? I ask because I got a renewal quote of €1072, which they ended up bringing down to €564.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skinnylenny

thanks for everyones help with this, i,ll prob find out in few weeks as my windscreen needs replacing. has anyone ever been insured wit over25s+? just wondering wat they are lik or if there is any horror stories about them? thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 65,062 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I had a large crack in my windscreen a few weeks ago. Rang up the number on my insurance website and a guy came to my home to replace the windscreen 2 days later. I never saw a bill and my no claims is not affected. That was with Zurich - check your own insurance details!

Advertisement