Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Dublin Gym with Cage to rent (for photo shoot)

Options
  • 09-07-2011 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was approached by a relative of mine who is a consultant for an upcoming martial arts film. he asked me to be an extra in a couple of fight scenes!

The film guys are looking for a cage to rent for an hour or so, for a promotional photo shoot, they said they might need to hang some banners or something in the background.

Is there any gyms in Dublin with a full sized cage that would be willing to accommodate us? Let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Nobody knows of a gym in Dublin with a cage? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Gorey_R

Chris89 wrote: »
    Nobody knows of a gym in Dublin with a cage? :confused:

I'd say it's just nobody likes you!

Gorey_R wrote: »
    I'd say it's just nobody likes you!

I hadn't ruled that one out to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Hi,

I was approached by a relative of mine who is a consultant for an upcoming martial arts film. he asked me to be an extra in a couple of fight scenes!

The film guys are looking for a cage to rent for an hour or so, for a promotional photo shoot, they said they might need to hang some banners or something in the background.

Is there any gyms in Dublin with a full sized cage that would be willing to accommodate us? Let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Chris

www.universal-warrior.com

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

dave80 wrote: »

Never heard of that place, doesn't look reputable in the slightest. Atleast they have a Cage for Chris though. Is that the place that opened down the road from Barry's club, advertising itself as some Fight Club or Fight Pit or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Never heard of that place, doesn't look reputable in the slightest.

Why?
    Is it just because you have never heard of it? Maybe you should visit it before passing judgment so harshly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Come to Galway and you can use our cage!

Never heard of that place, doesn't look reputable in the slightest.
    And you are basing that on what exactly?

Why?
    Is it just because you have never heard of it? Maybe you should visit it before passing judgment so harshly.

No I stated that I think I have heard of it, and that it was advertising itself with some silly name. I'm basing what I said on the website and the information given. It may be passing judgement quickly, but maybe its warranted considering the amount of clubs opening nowadays. I will retract what I said if I know that they have a good quality coach and a good training environment.

Maybe I was overly harsh actually after going over the website again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,138 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No I stated that I think I have heard of it, and that it was advertising itself with some silly name.

I didn't see the name fight club or fight pit on the website???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I work around the corner from that gym. I've no idea what its like inside or anything but I do know it has a big sign outside saying "Fight Club" and "UFC Fight Club" so I know where Bjj-fighter is getting it from. And yeah its the one that opened beside Informed Performance.

Dean09 wrote: »
    I work around the corner from that gym. I've no idea what its like inside or anything but I do know it has a big sign outside saying "Fight Club" and "UFC Fight Club" so I know where Bjj-fighter is getting it from. And yeah its the one that opened beside Informed Performance.

LOL, I should get me one of those for Point.:eek:

Thanks, Got a few replies in PMS aswell ill pass them all on, its nothing to do with me, I just have to stand in a photo or something.

Im essentially the next stephen segal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

Im essentially the next stephen segal.

You shouldn't put yourself down like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Dean09 wrote: »

UFC-Personal-Trainer-photos.jpg

In all fairness, it looks like a quality spot. Would love a bounce off all that Strongman gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

nice facility by the looks. im pretty sure i recognise the coach from the pics, a jap jj bb if im not wrong. dont think he's any bjj or mma experience, although i could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

No I stated that I think I have heard of it,

No you stated that youd never heard of it:
    Never heard of that place,

and that it was advertising itself with some silly name.

Some silly name? What like Straight Blast Gym? Or maybe Progressive Combat Club? Or even Red Dragon Gym...... Most modern MMA gyms have stupid names. After all the goal is to fight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship....:rolleyes:
    I'm basing what I said on the website and the information given. It may be passing judgement quickly, but maybe its warranted considering the amount of clubs opening nowadays. I will retract what I said if I know that they have a good quality coach and a good training environment.

The website looks fine to me. To say what you said about a gym that, from the pics, has Thousands of Euros worth of equipment is just wrong. Get down off your high horse man there are lots of new gyms around now and just because they are new dosnt mean they are crap. You should go train in other gyms it will open your eyes to see that your club is not the be all and end all of MMA in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Coach there is Dave Quinn. I'll leave it to someone who knows him better to post his CV. Trains BJJ with Ray Butcher, has been around the martial arts a long time. Nice fella does the door at my shows actually :). I was a bit surprised when they opened 100 metres from my old gym, in fairness I actually don't think they knew we were there (not many people did lol). In any case I don't think we're competitors really I think it's a gym with some martial arts in it as opposed to being a dedicated MMA gym. Anyway it's a free market people can open what they want running what they want and far be it from me to stop them.

They have a cage and I'm sure if you get in touch with Dave via facebook he'll accommodate you Chris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

They have a cage and I'm sure if you get in touch with Dave via facebook he'll accommodate you Chris.

Dave comes and goes from FB like knickers off a whores arse.

I've known Dave more than 15 years, dead sound.

• Advertisement
Advertisement