Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a good meditation CD?

Options
  • 09-07-2011 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Bit cheeky to be posting here but I felt it was more appropriate for me to post considering the type of CD I am looking for ;)

Looking to download off Itunes and pop onto my IPOD.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

If its mindfulness meditation you're after, the Jon kabat-zinn ones are good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Not all meditations are suitable for audio guidance. Here you can learn the mindfulness of breathing and loving kindness meditation - http://www.fwbo.org/meditation.html. But if you want a CD for doing a body scan or mindful movement / yoga then yes Kabat Zinn's are excellent such as Guided Mindfulness Meditation.

If you do learn mindfulness of breathing and loving kindness (Metta Bhavana) then you might want to download a meditation timer for your iPod, there are free ones.

Best of luck with your meditation, it really is one of the most beneficial things one can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fitzg

Hello! I recommend Jack Kornfield's "Meditation for Beginners" six guided meditations each from 10 - 15mins in length.
    Jack has a lovely easy voice to listen to!
    I got the book and cd five years ago and still listen to it.
    Meditation is great :)
    best of luck

Yeah jack Kornfield is magnificent to listen to. I highly recommend listening to his audio books on Buddhist psychology and spirituality. I have got an enormous amount out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

hotspur wrote: »
    Yeah jack Kornfield is magnificent to listen to. I highly recommend listening to his audio books on Buddhist psychology and spirituality. I have got an enormous amount out of them.
    anyone on buddhist psychology you recommend particularly ?

• Advertisement

Seres wrote: »
    anyone on buddhist psychology you recommend particularly ?

I would start with The Roots of Buddhist Psychology.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

I do Buddhist Meditation mainly the Mindfulness of Breathing and Metta Bhavana. While I don't use audio for it, just bells for timing, I know there is free led meditation MP3's on http://www.freebuddhistaudio.com/

Hope this helps.

Advertisement