Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The USB Stick is regsitered to the GSM/GRPS/Edge Netwowk

Options
  • 09-07-2011 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

I just bought a O2 USB Broadband stick. The installation details state;

- Green, blinking twice every 3 seconds: The USB is powered on
    - Green, blinking once every 3 seconds: The USB stick is registered to the GSM/GPRS/EDGE network
    - Green, always on: The GPRS/EDGE connection is set up

My usb stick is doing the first thing (Blinking twice every 3 seconds). However, it does not seem to get to the second stage. Is there some setting in my laptop that could affect this?

Most other USB devices work on my laptop....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Was there a different USB Broadband previously installed on the computer ? I've often had to uninstal one to get a new one to work .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

There is 3 broadband software on it; You think that could be affecting it? But surely you should be able to have 2 different broadband software on your PC :confused:

Should be able to , aye ... I've never tried figuring out why uninstalling worked but it has done so for me on several occasions - can only guess it's because theyre all based on the same Huawei software but that's just a random guess .

Will give it a go and post back here later if successful or not!

Got it working. I de-installed my 3Connect software but that didnt change anything. So I looked through the programs on my computer and saw Huawei modem software, removed that. Then everything went ok. Thanks for the help!

• Advertisement

Grand , thanks for posting back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

just to add, if you have trouble connecting again, there may be some items left in the registry. Download CCleaner and run the registry tab. a Huawei thing should pop up. remove and it should start working again...may need to reinstall the software though.

have this trouble when i switch O2 modems (one of them doesn't work at home, too crappy a signal)

Advertisement