Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei IDEOS-IBOOD

Options
  • 09-07-2011 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

vodafone smart 858 very similar spec and cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The Smart is also made by Huawei- so the Ideos is almost like an OEM version of it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Main differences i can see are 3.15mp camera instead of 2 and flash support.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

manu2009 wrote: »
    Main differences i can see are 3.15mp camera instead of 2 and flash support.

Same 528Mhz processor in both though- so they're both either basic entry level (the Vodafone one) or completely obsolete the Ideos.......

Personally I'd rather the Vodafone one- its basically the same- but at a fraction of the price......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

The Ideos has a capacitive screen and after watching my OH get frustrated with the smarts resistive screen I would rather not text than have to use a resistive screen. I think a capacitive screen is a must have. The processor is a bit slow but the battery power seems to be pretty good because it's slow and xda have some roms for it that make it even better (gingerbread).

I'm still planning on heading to the north and getting a San Fransisco with a faster processor, bigger capacitive screen and only a few euro more expensive.

Smart has capacitive screen

The vod 845 had resistive, which actually I found easier than the smart

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

The vod 845 had resistive, which actually I found easier than the smart

I have used both, and I have to say the resistive screen on the 845 is the worst screen I have ever used! The touch 2axis button on the middle of the 845 does make up for the woeful screen though, and 2bh its the one thing that I would have liked to have seen kept on the smart.

Timmaay wrote: »
    I have used both, and I have to say the resistive screen on the 845 is the worst screen I have ever used! The touch 2axis button on the middle of the 845 does make up for the woeful screen though, and 2bh its the one thing that I would have liked to have seen kept on the smart.

I just found I was more accurate typing with the 845, maybe I got used to the screen, do miss the real buttons on the 845 too, not a fan of the touch screen buttons

Advertisement