Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China getting around, Xian to Chengdu

Options
  • 08-07-2011 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All!!!

Going travelling with the boyfriend and we're hitting up India, China and then South East Asia. There's loads of info out there about India and S.E.A. but China seems to be a bit of a mystery!

So it seems that you can only buy your train tickets in the cities you are travelling from while you are there and not in advance is ths true?

Secondly, finding it very hard to figure out how to get from Xian to Chengdu, flights are prob easiest but very pricey!!! It was easier to find info on trains from Beijing and from Zhengzhou but not getting much info for trains from Xian.....

Ok, bit waffly but any tips or help would be great!!! Thanks!!!:o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭you2008

Well. U can buy d ticket to chengdu 10 days b4 u want 2 leave xi an. U r right! U cant book d train tickets online. I checked 4 u. There r many train go 2 chengdu. The best one take 13 hours and d train no is - T 7. Any more q u can email me. You2008@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Pipette

Hi zraselle,

Im going to china myself in January so have been posting questions and reading the lonely planet forum on china.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forum.jspa?forumID=19&keywordid=84

IT is so helpful - these people seem to know everything!
    I now know how im getting into and out of all the towns on my route!
    check out the forum it will definitely help you!

have a great trip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 zraselle

Thanks Pipette, that forum is really good. Only spending about 5 days in each place so hoping the train tickets don't prove too hard to get there! : ) Enjoy your trip!

Advertisement