Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rooted my Desire, installed CM7, but I can't download apps from market now

Options
  • 08-07-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I have a HTC Desire.

I used unrevoked3 to root it.

And ROM manager to download and install cyanogen 7.

It all worked grand but apps won't download for me from Market now.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong, in laymans terms, i'm not well up on Android jargon.

Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

cisco27 wrote: »
    I have a HTC Desire.

I used unrevoked3 to root it.

And ROM manager to download and install cyanogen 7.

It all worked grand but apps won't download for me from Market now.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong, in laymans terms, i'm not well up on Android jargon.

Thanks a mill.

Are you logged in to Gmail? Do you have internet access?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cisco27

I am now able to download most apps.

I solved it by doing a factory reset of my desire after rooting it and installing CM7.

Although most apps seem to be downloading fine now, I notice that some are not. I'm still trying to figure out why, I'll post here if I solve it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

cisco27 wrote: »
    I am now able to download most apps.

I solved it by doing a factory reset of my desire after rooting it and installing CM7.

Although most apps seem to be downloading fine now, I notice that some are not. I'm still trying to figure out why, I'll post here if I solve it.

Thanks.

Have you installed it with a2sd set up?

I'm using CM7 with an ext partition on my sd card. I had to tick the download cache option in s2e to install large apps.

This wrecked my head for a while as most of the large apps are games like angry birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Yeah sounds like an internal space issue to me too.

Keep it above 15mb for market and gmail to keep working.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cisco27

hardCopy wrote: »
    Have you installed it with a2sd set up?

I'm using CM7 with an ext partition on my sd card. I had to tick the download cache option in s2e to install large apps.

This wrecked my head for a while as most of the large apps are games like angry birds.

Solved: I am now able to download all apps without a problem.

I had to read a lot of forums before I found a simple solution that I could use with my limited knowledge.

The steps involved:

After rooting my phone, I downloaded ROM Manager from Market and installed CM7 (cyanogenMod7).

Found that I couldn't download apps after doing this. Fixed this by doing a factory reset.

Now I could download most apps but not all. Fixed this by using the ROM Manager app to partition the SD card. This wipes all the data off your SD card.

Once I rebooted all apps downloaded perfectly.

Hope these steps help others because my brain was melted googling solutions.

P.S. Not sure if this was a necessary step but I also downloaded simple2ext from Market and ticked the Download cache box in the app.

• Advertisement
Advertisement