Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy 2 firmware

Options
  • 08-07-2011 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I just got one of these of Vodafone and I am wondering is there newer firmware available??

The current firmware is PDA:KE5 Phone: KE1 CSC KE2.

I have looked at those Galaxy forums but nothing makes sence as this is the first time I have used something like this.

The Kies software on my laptop tells me its up to date but I know there is updates available.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Anyone????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

There is indeed custom and newer ROMs that are more effective than
    t what you have and stock ones.

Personally I think the following (Lite'ning ROM) is the best one so far:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1095274

Everything is explained here in the thread. Pretty easy to update.

bmstuff wrote: »
    There is indeed custom and newer ROMs that are more effective than
    t what you have and stock ones.

Personally I think the following (Lite'ning ROM) is the best one so far:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1095274

Everything is explained here in the thread. Pretty easy to update.

Whats rom exactly???. I prefer oily hands than all this stuff..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

A ROM is the OS your phone runs on (like Windows7, Ubuntu 11.01 on a computer)
    There are custom ROMs based on official ROMs, and ROMs based on the Android source from Google

A ROM is the OS your phone runs on (like Windows7, Ubuntu 11.01 on a computer)
    There are custom ROMs based on official ROMs, and ROMs based on the Android source from Google

Cheers. So how do I put the latest firmware on my phone??. What do I need to download???

• Advertisement

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Cheers. So how do I put the latest firmware on my phone??. What do I need to download???

You are probably on the latest firmware you can get officially, but if you want some more performance just follow the instructions in the link above

You are probably on the latest firmware you can get officially, but if you want some more performance just follow the instructions in the link above

Cheers there seems to be loads of stuff to download there. Do I click on all those links or just some of them.

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Cheers there seems to be loads of stuff to download there. Do I click on all those links or just some of them.
    Just dl the newest one shur (1-5)

Just dl the newest one shur (1-5)

Thanks for that Im not very good at these things. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭tipperary

Hi

wondering if anyone has moved from villianrom 1.4 to villianrom 2? Trying to figure out if it's worth my while upgrading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭OneWayBet

tipperary wrote: »
    Hi

wondering if anyone has moved from villianrom 1.4 to villianrom 2? Trying to figure out if it's worth my while upgrading.

I'm on VR 2 and it's working grand, haven't used 1.4 though so can't compare. Don't really see any difference in the 2.3.4 as I have no interest in the new features. I was using a KE7 ROM, battery life seems about the same as KE7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bkhaliq

hi... i have sgs2 with following info:
    Based Version: I9100BUKE1
    Kernal Version: 2.6.35.7.I9100BUKE5-CL227058root@DELL101 #2
    Build Number: GINGERBREAD.BUKE5

tell me which custom rom is best that i can use on this SGS2? confused:

Thanks in Advance:

Advertisement