Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi-Fuel Stove, down to three...

Options
  • 08-07-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey,

We have recently bought a house and we are aiming on replacing the existing pre-historic stove (which actually looks like a oil burner ;) ) with a new stove.

We are based in Maynooth and going on advice from different sales people, trusting I know, we are thinking the following
    1. Stanley Reginald, Enamel finish.
    2. Hamco Glenmore 20B, Matt Finish (Only option)
    3. Charnwood 16b, Matt Finish (Only option)

We live in a pretty small bungalow and the stove will be going into the kitchen, which is a reasonable size.

We have 4 Single Rads and 4 Double (one of the double be getting the chop though).

The reason I post is:
    Has anyone used any of these and have they any input on my situation?
    I have heard Stanley quality has seriously dropped of late?
    Are they all in or around the same quality, or is a stove, a stove these days?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

Hey,

We have recently bought a house and we are aiming on replacing the existing pre-historic stove (which actually looks like a oil burner ;) ) with a new stove.

We are based in Maynooth and going on advice from different sales people, trusting I know, we are thinking the following
    1. Stanley Reginald, Enamel finish.
    2. Hamco Glenmore 20B, Matt Finish (Only option)
    3. Charnwood 16b, Matt Finish (Only option)
    We live in a pretty small bungalow and the stove will be going into the kitchen, which is a reasonable size.

We have 4 Single Rads and 4 Double (one of the double be getting the chop though).

The reason I post is:
    Has anyone used any of these and have they any input on my situation?
    I have heard Stanley quality has seriously dropped of late?
    Are they all in or around the same quality, or is a stove, a stove these days?

Thanks in advance!!

We really need to know the sizes of the rads and the size of the Kitchen and insulation levels to be able to work out what size boiler is needed/ suited and what heat output is needed to heat the kitchen. I don't know much about stanleys and I think the charnwood could roast you alive with 7kw to room.
    We heat our largish 2 bed bungalow with an 8kw stove giving about 7.6kw to boiler and 2-3kw to room. Although we only have 5 rads and heats the hot water.
    If you could post the sizes of the rads and which are single or doubles and the Kitchen room size I will give you a rough quide:)

Stoves vary greatly with quality. You get what you pay for.

Stove Fan:)

Advertisement