Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians wanted to start a new band

Options
  • 08-07-2011 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi there, I'm a guitarist, 21, who has spent the last few years dedicated to my old band. I established us on my own accord, everything from web promotion & design, gig-getting, writing and all in between was me, it began to feel like ''musician & friends" and not a BAND. So here I am with a proposal to start something serious and devoted. By all means I'm not going to be cocky and say I'm established and I know everything about the industry, but I have learned a lot in my previous projects, have gotten myself a good name and have worked with some very notable musicians, and hence I feel I can build something sustainable and interesting. I'm based in Wicklow/South Dublin...
    So please, bear with me while I ramble about this band idea! Without a band, I'm lost so please excuse the novel below :P Thanks :)

The sound I had in mind was akin to the blues rock / grungy bands of the 90s (think Brother Cane/Pride and Glory/Raging Slab etc.) many of these bands were overlooked in their day because of the Seattle Scene, amazing as it was, these guys in my opinion were onto a sound that I think is relevant today and could be re-evaluated. I've included two youtube links below to give a ROUGH idea of what I mean.

I'd like to find a vocalist, drummer, (between 19-25, but I'm flexible!) I have an amazing bassist ready to go, and any other members (part-time harmonica??) I'd be very open to.
    Vocally we need a FRONTMAN. Someone with huge stamina with a good raspy high range that this music requires..
    Drummer needs to be SOLID. I know there's not much room to show off here, but he needs to play for the song, not for himself.

I'd like to take it easy until the new year, writing and gelling as a BAND, discovering WHO WE ARE and what we have that's DIFFERENT and generally honing down our 'shtick' & as crap as it is, our image.. I hate it, but it needs to be done... Gig from the new year, establish ourselves on the Irish scene and once done release an EP to our audience. After that, we'd have developed a longer scheme plan on our own..

Thank you so much for reading and please PM me if you think you'd be interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ggbuQtcYY
    (Video's cheesy as HELL! But it's a great song, MINUS THE COWBELL PARTS!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moxgknum-j4
    (A little over the top 'cotton mouth' vocals, but a GREAT song)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭TheFiveLamps

pity we dont share the same musical taste's as i think your attitude/approach is fantastic...

keep the hard-work and it'll pay off and you'll go far....

best of luck with everything!

The Five Lamps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MuddyRivers

thank you very much, and likewise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I'm 19, very strong on keyboards and vocals. I'm very interested in joining and I would be 100% dedicated. I have written music which is now on iTunes, so I know a bit about the industry myself. I'm also a guitarist, and have won medals for stuff I've written on harmonica. Where are you based?

PM sent

BUMP

• Advertisement

bump

Advertisement