Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for work in NZ

Options
  • 08-07-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hello there,

I'm heading to NZ next week on a working holiday visa, i'm only there for 3 months as I'm back in uni in october but the main reason for going was to catch some of the world cup. I have money saved but would rather hold on to as much of it as possible until the world cup when I won't be working.
    I arrive in Auckland on Thursday and was wondering what the work situation is both in Auckland and what the chances are of getting something in say Queenstown, specifically bar work as that is how i'm paying my way through Uni.

Any help would be great, or even if you're in NZ and just wanna drop me a line it would be good to hear from someone out there as i'm arriving on my lonesome :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

id say getting work in queenstown will be very difficult, if not impossible. its the ski season there are the moment so most jobs that you would be looking for will already be taken by people who want to stay for the ski season i.e. do anything so they can spend 3 months skiing.

trademe.co.nz is new zealands ebay/daft/jobsite have a look on there.

irish bars would also be a good place to go and have a chat about work.

best of luck

Advertisement