Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hammersmith Apollo-stage times

Options
  • 08-07-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Bit of a random question and not really specific to London but couldn't think of another forum for it:

Going to see Dylan Moran tomorrow week at the Hammersmith Apollo. Tickets say 7pm. Problem is my boyfriend, who I'm going to the gig with, has an interview till 6pm and then will take at least an hour and a half to get to Hammersmith. Not too keen on going into a comedy gig late so just wanted to see if anyone has an idea if he's likely to be on by 7.30? Seems very early but it has been a while since I've been to a comedy gig. Just thinking it's not like music where there will definitely be a warm up act.

Any opinions welcome! Or if anyone has specific experiences of going to a comedy show at Hammersmith Apollo.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've been to a few shows there and they're normally on a "doors open at 7, show starts at 8" basis.

I don't think there was a supporting act last time I went to see Dylan Moran, but it was at least a year ago so I could be wrong. More importantly, I'm pretty sure they've got signs up claiming the right to not let you into the show once it's started if they think it would disrupt the show. Best bet is to ring them and check to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭TheNibbler

Thanks, didn't think about not being let into the show. Will give them a call.

Advertisement