Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this course suit my needs

Options
  • 08-07-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

I work in Health & Safety and was thinking over the coming years to move into Conflict Management and Bullying in the Workplace.

I was thinking about this course below as a stepping stone in the right direction Advanced Certificate in Adlerian Psychology and Counselling Skills

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Why Adlerian? Have you any particular reason for choosing Adlerian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Why Adlerian? Have you any particular reason for choosing Adlerian?

The only reason is that the times of the course suit my work schedule.

Why not is the question ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

This might be an interesting read for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I skimmed over it, What that report is referring to is way to advanced for what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chamade

There are courses available in conflict resolution available and I think it might be a good place for you to start investigating what these courses have to offer in terms of the area you want to move into.
    I think the course you are looking at will introduce you to active listening skills but I would imagine that a course on conflict resolution would also introduce active listening skills.

An organisational psychologist would work on conflict resolution and bullying in the workplace so perhaps look in this area too.
    Hope this is helpful

• Advertisement
Advertisement