Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso capsules - order 200 online, get free delivery

Options
  • 08-07-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭

Delivery is usually €8.95 for 200+, but is free at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'd be happier if they reduced the price of the capsules to be honest- but nice find OP......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

smccarrick wrote: »
    I'd be happier if they reduced the price of the capsules to be honest- but nice find OP......

Nestle's Nespresso patents will begin to expire in 2012 so expect to see some generic capsules entering the market from that point onwards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

This new offer seems to be a permanent thing as I can't find anything about it expiring. Delivery was previously a flat rate though, meaning it was always in your interest to order a large quantity.
    Nestle's Nespresso patents will begin to expire in 2012 so expect to see some generic capsules entering the market from that point onwards.
    Interesting, didn't know about this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

How much are 200 capsules?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Correct but also severely incorrect.

Yes, Patents for Nespresso capsules are due to expire in 2012 - unfortunately these are the first generation capsules which I don't think you can even buy anymore.
    The capsules which go into the new machines are 5th generation and patented sometime in the 2000s, so I wouldn't expect to see the patent run out on the current system any time in the next 10 years or so.
    Not to mention when they finally do expire you can be sure that there will be a new machine with different capsules.

All hope is not lost though, Nestle just lots a court battle with Denner supermarkets in Switzerland (or is it Holland?) in which they attempted to get an injunction to stop Denner from selling knock-off capsules which would work in current generation Nespresso machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

cork45 wrote: »
    How much are 200 capsules?
    About 75 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've tried the reusable capsule route.. more hassle than it's worth tbh!

Bought a load of capsules around Christmas (damn those Nespresso Variations.. you can't help but order them) so don't think I'll be availing of this offer.

I normally divide the 200 capsules between myself and my sister - makes it a bit easier on the pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

i purchased the re usable ones, ok they fill and fit fine, but i used to have to lever them out, not worth it

Advertisement