Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to send document but it will only save as .xml

Options
  • 08-07-2011 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

I have a payroll package on my home laptop but no printer , my work laptop has a printer but no payroll package.
    I need to print a p45 which I have prepared so I tried to save it to my home laptop and mail it to print from work but it will only save as .xml
    and is not opening as the correct layout so I cant print it.
    The only solution I can think of now is to bring my laptop to work and print it but surely theres an easier way. When I click save as .xml is the only option and open with .. any other programme is not working either.
    Can anyone help , please :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Karen23 wrote: »
    I have a payroll package on my home laptop but no printer , my work laptop has a printer but no payroll package.
    I need to print a p45 which I have prepared so I tried to save it to my home laptop and mail it to print from work but it will only save as .xml
    and is not opening as the correct layout so I cant print it.
    The only solution I can think of now is to bring my laptop to work and print it but surely theres an easier way. When I click save as .xml is the only option and open with .. any other programme is not working either.
    Can anyone help , please :confused:

There is plenty of software on the internet that creates virtual printers which save as pdf. Install one of them and print to it. That will create a pdf that you can email to work and print there. I havn't used one in ages but

http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

looks ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

That worked , thanks a million for replying ;)

Advertisement