Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 3 Where to see a fox ?

Options
  • 07-07-2011 11:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭

My 8yr old son is going mad to see a fox. He asks me all the time. I dont mind getting up early or going out late. He seems facinated by foxes living in the city and I would love to encourage him. Any Ideas anyone ? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I often see foxes heading down onto the seashore along Clontarf after dark. Probably after rats. There are foxes on Bull Island, I've spotted them around the visitor centre and the car parks on Dollymount Strand, scavenging food scraps left by picnicers. They are mainly nocturnal so don't expect to see one wandering around in broad daylight, unless you get really lucky!

Do you have a garden? If it is not too enclosed, foxes will visit, especially if you leave food scraps out after dark. It might attract hedgehogs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rosshennessy

yes leave out a bit of food, if it attracts rats it will also attract a fox or two

Advertisement