Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insurance/disclaimer?

Options
  • 07-07-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Just a quick question. I've recently got someone to help exercise my horse through boards.ie. This person will be riding my horse on our land once or twice a week.
    What is the story with insurance - in case this person has an accident on our land -does anyone know? I have asked my insurance company and they said that we would have to put employee liability(even though the person is not getting paid) onto our farm insurance. And because it's a risk sport it is higher than general farm employee insurance- at 250 euros a year I think it's a crazy price. What are my options? Is a signed and witnessed disclaimer any use? This rider is taking out her own rider insurance.
    Would really appreciate any advice,
    Thanks.
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

call your insurer. I had someone riding my horse whilst I was on hols, checked with insurance company to see where I stood on his insurance. He was covered, but the rider isn't. But the rider was a member of the British Horse Soc, so they are covered for third party damage etc.

Advertisement