Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Embedded Systems Design

• 07-07-2011 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Hai, I'm trying to get into this course, have a level 7 in electronic engineering. Is it hard to get in? and more importantly is this course any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

I did this course the year before last. Definitely not hard to get into, they are usually crying out for applicants. There was only 4 in the course the year I did it. There is alot of work involved. Where did you do your electronics course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

Trish2007 wrote: »
    I did this course the year before last. Definitely not hard to get into, they are usually crying out for applicants. There was only 4 in the course the year I did it. There is alot of work involved. Where did you do your electronics course?

PIC programming, VHDL, control, that sort of thing. If they are crying out I wonder would they give me a spot this year. Been trying to contact them with not much luck

I'd say its hard to contact them because they would be closed for the summer now.
    Most of the course/projects are based on PSoC which is C. There was no PIC programming in the course just PSoC and FPGA. The toughest module would be the maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

Trish2007 wrote: »
    I'd say its hard to contact them because they would be closed for the summer now.
    Most of the course/projects are based on PSoC which is C. There was no PIC programming in the course just PSoC and FPGA. The toughest module would be the maths.

Ah yea I done a bit of C alright. What sort of maths would they be doing? Laplace, fourier, along that line?

I cannot really remember what was on the first semester syllabus but it included finite state machines, graph theory and predicate calculus. The second semester was probability, sampling theory and hypothesis testing, six sigma and lean enterprises, reliability theory, markov chains and poisson process and queuing theory. The maths module is taught along with mechanical engineering so alot of the maths is general engineering stuff. There was no fourier or laplace, I think that was covered in the Ordinary degree.

• Advertisement
Advertisement