Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Tax

Options
  • 07-07-2011 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Tax has been up on the car with a while, does anyone know if I can just start from scratch and pay the next 3/6months, without paying back-tax???

Also, tax fines have been attributed in the meantime and all have been paid. Garda did say I could just go down and pay 3 months....how do i do this then?

any info would be great...:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

You get a tax renewal form. If you recently bought the car you can fill in the date on it. If the car was off the road you can declare this too. Just don't lie. People are being prosecuted for making false declarations now.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

If you've been caught for no tax you will have to back tax it,other wise theres a good chance of getting done for fraud if you get the off the road form stamped,could always change the owner ship in to somebody else name and start again

Advertisement