Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hp Probook Laptop, a good deal?

Options
  • 07-07-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

This is my first post. I have been trawling the internet in search of a new laptop. I came across this on Elara.ie:

Product Description
    HP ProBook 4320s - Core i3 380M 2.53 GHz - 13.3" TFT

Recommended Use
    Small business, corporate business

Dimensions (WxDxH)
    32.4 cm x 22.8 cm x 2.7 cm

Weight
    2.2 kg

System Type
    Notebook

Built-in Devices
    Stereo speakers, wireless LAN aerial, Bluetooth aerial

Processor
    Intel Core i3 380M / 2.53 GHz ( Dual-Core )

Cache Memory
    3 MB - L3 Cache

RAM
    3 GB (installed) / 8 GB (max) - DDR3 SDRAM - 1333 MHz - PC3-10600 ( 1 x 1 GB + 1 x 2 GB )

Card Reader
    Yes

Hard Drive
    320 GB - Serial ATA-300 - 7200 rpm

Optical Storage
    DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - integrated with LightScribe Technology

Display
    13.3" LED backlight HD anti-glare TFT 1366 x 768 ( WXGA ) - 16:9

Graphics Controller
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Video Memory
    512 MB

Audio Output
    Sound card

Networking
    Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR

Notebook Camera
    Integrated - 2 Megapixel

Input Device
    Keyboard, ClickPad

Power
    AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )

Battery
    6-cell Lithium Ion

Run Time (Up To)
    4.5 hour(s)

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition

Microsoft Office Preloaded
    Includes a pre-loaded image of select Microsoft Office 2010 suites. Purchase an Office 2010 Product Key Card or disc to activate preloaded software on this PC.

Manufacturer Warranty
    1 year warranty

The price is
    €545.71 Incl Vat but with the HP cashback deal ( which seems simple enough to avail of) you get back €120, so the real price is €425.71 + 8euro for delivery. I think this is a bargain given the dedicated graphics and the RAM is upgradeable to 8gb. Would be grateful of any input from others as to whether this is in fact a real bargain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

for 425e thats not bad at all!

thinking about it still only think im not mad on is the screen, personly i dont like anything under 15 - 17 would be nice on that but then it would add more weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dancun99

Well to be honest that is one of the things which attracted me to it, as portability is something I am looking for, but do not want to go for a netbook.

That works out a better price already, but do you know how to get past the Post Code field when registering, I tried EIRE which works on some sites, but on SaveOnLaptops.

• Advertisement

Dancun99 wrote: »
    That works out a better price already, but do you know how to get past the Post Code field when registering, I tried EIRE which works on some sites, but on SaveOnLaptops.
    well if you like the screen size i say go for it

Re getting it sent to u, u could use this lot - http://www.deliverme.ie/

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72828604

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Use BT11AA which is Belfast but has worked for me on a few occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

This is my first post. I have been trawling the internet in search of a new laptop. I came across this on Elara.ie:

Product Description
    HP ProBook 4320s - Core i3 380M 2.53 GHz - 13.3" TFT

Recommended Use
    Small business, corporate business

Dimensions (WxDxH)
    32.4 cm x 22.8 cm x 2.7 cm

Weight
    2.2 kg

System Type
    Notebook

Built-in Devices
    Stereo speakers, wireless LAN aerial, Bluetooth aerial

Processor
    Intel Core i3 380M / 2.53 GHz ( Dual-Core )

Cache Memory
    3 MB - L3 Cache

RAM
    3 GB (installed) / 8 GB (max) - DDR3 SDRAM - 1333 MHz - PC3-10600 ( 1 x 1 GB + 1 x 2 GB )

Card Reader
    Yes

Hard Drive
    320 GB - Serial ATA-300 - 7200 rpm

Optical Storage
    DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - integrated with LightScribe Technology

Display
    13.3" LED backlight HD anti-glare TFT 1366 x 768 ( WXGA ) - 16:9

Graphics Controller
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Video Memory
    512 MB

Audio Output
    Sound card

Networking
    Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR

Notebook Camera
    Integrated - 2 Megapixel

Input Device
    Keyboard, ClickPad

Power
    AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )

Battery
    6-cell Lithium Ion

Run Time (Up To)
    4.5 hour(s)

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition

Microsoft Office Preloaded
    Includes a pre-loaded image of select Microsoft Office 2010 suites. Purchase an Office 2010 Product Key Card or disc to activate preloaded software on this PC.

Manufacturer Warranty
    1 year warranty

The price is
    €545.71 Incl Vat but with the HP cashback deal ( which seems simple enough to avail of) you get back €120, so the real price is €425.71 + 8euro for delivery. I think this is a bargain given the dedicated graphics and the RAM is upgradeable to 8gb. Would be grateful of any input from others as to whether this is in fact a real bargain.

How can you get the HP cashback?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johntreacy

Have one of these myself, popped in an SSD and put Ubuntu and it's now a serious piece of kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

I always put 0000 for postcodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Just a note on the cashback deal, u can't claim it back if u purchase the laptop from the UK.. U need to get it from an Irish supplier. I got the deal with a HP printer and was told that if I bought it in the UK the cashback would need to be lodged to a UK account..

johntreacy wrote: »
    Have one of these myself, popped in an SSD and put Ubuntu and it's now a serious piece of kit

Forgive my ignorance, but would the SSD replace the existing HDD or would it be in addition to the HDD. Sorry if it's a stupid question, but my computer knowledge is rather limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Forgive my ignorance, but would the SSD replace the existing HDD or would it be in addition to the HDD. Sorry if it's a stupid question, but my computer knowledge is rather limited.

I'd imagine that replacing the HDD with an SSD would both boost the performance and the battery life.

Advertisement