Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruit for Dogs

Options
  • 07-07-2011 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭

Lately my two dogs have started having a liking for fruit before I continue to give them it I want to make sure it's not going to be harmful to them. I know that grapes are a big no no and the seeds in apples and pears. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Fruit is full of sugar... abeit natural, its still a bit much for dogs...

have you tried veg?? my cocker loves sugar snaps peas, manguetout, peppers... etc

the very odd time i would give him a starwberry which he adores but i would be concerned about the sugar content..

try some crunchy veg (not onions)... im sure they will love thme too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Sweatynutsack

My two eat banana and apple but thats it, and very rarely too !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Okay I'm going to try some veg, I had figured that sugar would be a negative point :rolleyes: Thanks for the info guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My dog came in from the back garden with red drooling from his mouth, red globuly bits down his chest and a very happy face on him. I freaked out thinking he had caught a cat and ran outside all panicked.

The only thing "injured" was my raspberry bush, which had all of the lower berries eaten.:rolleyes: So I left him, thinking he couldn't get anymore, they're up too high. Within mins he was walking on his hind legs to get the lovely sweet ones on the top :D.

Since then he doesn't even bother with the lower ones, just robs the good ones as soon as they appear.

Advertisement