Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunners current TNA push

Options
  • 06-07-2011 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,886 ✭✭✭✭

Why is Gunner getting a push :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is Gunner getting a push confused.gif

Think because they felt under pressure to start pushing some younger talent they decided to go for Gunner and Crimson.......... could have been worse, could have been Rob Terry.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I dunno, at least Rob Terry looks impressive. "Ginger convict" isn't doing it for me :pac: and TNA want their version of Angry Andy from Tough Enough :)

I commend TNA for pushing younger (aka newer) guys but I don't see any future for either of them. They have better, much more talented guys on the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,886 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charisteas wrote: »
    Think because they felt under pressure to start pushing some younger talent they decided to go for Gunner and Crimson.......... could have been worse, could have been Rob Terry.

Daniels, Joe, Kaz, Morgan and Pope etc - I'm sure there is more that deserve and are worthy of pushes ahead of Gunner

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Daniels, Joe, Kaz, Morgan and Pope etc - I'm sure there is more that deserve and are worthy of pushes ahead of Gunner
    It is TNA; it may just be one of the regular "fling things on the wall and see what sticks" moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Yeah Kaz would be an excellent choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Crimson is such a dull Generic Ginge,he even bores me more than Matt Morgan which I thought wasn't possible.Its a bit pot calling kettle black but Steiner summed up Rob Terry well saying to him "Your one Chemical away from a Nuclear Meltdown".
    As for Gunner he has always reminded me of a Bush League CM Punk lookalike

Even the guys from British Invasion and Beer Money would also be more deserving of singles push over Gunner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Even the guys from British Invasion and Beer Money would also be more deserving of singles push over Gunner

Totally agree there,Robert Rhoode can be a Main Eventer if booked with a bit of common sense. Isn't Gunners nickname Mr.Intensity,took him all night to think of that I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Daniels can be termed a veteran now and should be seen more as a gate keeper than an actual main eventer. Plus he is 40. His job at this stage of his career is put others over ina great way, like the million dollars he has made Eddie Edwards look in ROH.

Joe has many a push, has been champion. He can be seen as a great enhancement guy, as well as a legit threat. A good all rounder in the mould of Jericho.

Kaz is placed about right on the roster at present.

Morgan - generic big guy. I would look at him as their "Big Show" type character, another gate keeper of sorts, but I would not see him drawing a cent as champion. He has had a run at the top of the card afterall.

Pope - patience for him. He has done everything right so far. No need to throw him to the top of the card too quickly. He will be there in 12 months.

Why break up tag teams when the almost the entire wrestling fan world cried out for more tag teams? The TNA tag division is one area they are not found wanting.

That being said, I do see Roode as a singles guy main eventing down the line. He has a cool charisma and can work very well. Personally I would have him as a heel again, but leave Beer Money as is for now.

Gunner is a flash in the pan. I do not count this push as anything major. He will be jobbing again come Christmas. That being said, we all said similar about Truth. Nothing wrong with giving a guy the ball to see what he does with it.

gimmick wrote: »
    Daniels can be termed a veteran now and should be seen more as a gate keeper than an actual main eventer. Plus he is 40. His job at this stage of his career is put others over ina great way, like the million dollars he has made Eddie Edwards look in ROH.

Joe has many a push, has been champion. He can be seen as a great enhancement guy, as well as a legit threat. A good all rounder in the mould of Jericho.

Kaz is placed about right on the roster at present.

Morgan - generic big guy. I would look at him as their "Big Show" type character, another gate keeper of sorts, but I would not see him drawing a cent as champion. He has had a run at the top of the card afterall.

Pope - patience for him. He has done everything right so far. No need to throw him to the top of the card too quickly. He will be there in 12 months.

Why break up tag teams when the almost the entire wrestling fan world cried out for more tag teams? The TNA tag division is one area they are not found wanting.

That being said, I do see Roode as a singles guy main eventing down the line. He has a cool charisma and can work very well. Personally I would have him as a heel again, but leave Beer Money as is for now.

Gunner is a flash in the pan. I do not count this push as anything major. He will be jobbing again come Christmas. That being said, we all said similar about Truth. Nothing wrong with giving a guy the ball to see what he does with it.

TBF I think Pope has long paid his dues and the time has come for his push and if it dont happen soon he could be gone from TNA if rumours are true maybe back to WWE or ROH

Anderson, Hardy and RVD were pushed straight into the main event scene on TNA when they arrived. Only Anderson, Ray and perhaps Crimson I cant think of anyone else pushed since Hogan took over.

Doug Williams had a great feud with Styles and then went no where, they could have pushed him more but alas now he is back to tag teaming

• Advertisement

^ Anderson, Hardy and RVD were already established names in other promotions before going to TNA. They would not have signed if they were not going to be put in at the top of the card.

Pope on the other hand, had proved nothing as Elijah Burke aside from a few decent matches with CM Punk. He has a good gimmick now and is running with it, and it will pay dividends given time. But if he were thrwon into the top of the card at the moment, he would probably get lost in the shuffle and that would be far more detrimental to his long term prospects.

With regard to Williams, I am a big fan of his, but he just does not have the personality to be a main eventer. He is a solid mid card hand, something which is vitally important to any roster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

what they shoulkd be doing is getting Eric Young out of the "village idiot" persona, and giving him a serious push

what they shoulkd be doing is getting Eric Young out of the "village idiot" persona, and giving him a serious push

Yes Eric Young is another for a push, there is plenty that are way ahead of Gunner for a push I dont understand why he is being pushed now tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Yes Eric Young is another for a push, there is plenty that are way ahead of Gunner for a push I dont understand why he is being pushed now tbh

Because he's young, has a lot of potential and has none of the baggage that a lot of people mentioned in this thread have because of being booked into the ground. Plus he's handled himself pretty well since they started pushing him. Same goes for Crimson. Roode wasn't anywhere near the level he is now in 2004, but they stuck with him and gave him a chance to develop. Gunner and Crimson are working with the likes of Styles, Joe, RVD, Jarrett at the moment which should do wonders for them. Don't be so impatient.

Why is Young deserving? Because he has been around for ages? If that is your logic, Stevie Richards should have been a WWE champion. How many pushes has Young had only to revert to the simple kid? He was head of World Elite, went decently, but he went back again. Is playing the fool his comfort zone? I would say so, yes.

And it is not like Young is exactly a spring chicken either.

Now, that leads me to another line of thought - does everyone who enters the fray want to be the world champion? As I have alluded to already, a solid mid carder is extremely important, as are good jobbers and good curtain jerkers.

Maybe Gunner, who you have not given any reason as to why you think he is undeserving, is working his ass off to be someone in the company. Perhaps, the likes of Kaz/Morgan do not show his work ethic, and are therefore undeserving themselves.

As MF said above, patience is a virtue. If the fans had their way, we would have 10 new champs a year, and guess what then - fans would be complaining of too much hotshoting.

His push is very sudden he goes from a being a security guard to pinning both the world champion and no. 1 contender it is very rushed imo plus fans dont know whether to cheer or boo him his character needs to be developed

And is his character not developing at the moment? What chance does he have unless he is given some time to develop?

FFS, JBL went from being a redneck, beer drinking hard ass, to a Wall Street tycoon who would look down his nose at his previous gimmick. This is wrestling. Not everything has to have a proper flow and make perfect sense.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

And is his character not developing at the moment? What chance does he have unless he is given some time to develop?

FFS, JBL went from being a redneck, beer drinking hard ass, to a Wall Street tycoon who would look down his nose at his previous gimmick. This is wrestling. Not everything has to have a proper flow and make perfect sense.

TBF JBL had the biggest stark change in gimmick genre/quality in wrestling which came out of nowhere!

I don't think anyone's upset at Gunner's gimmick since he's a rookie; moreso he's getting clean wins over Sting, Anderson, AJ etc; despite having a nothing gimmick, nothing interesting to say on the mic and nothing impressive in the ring. All he's got is he's being booked strongly; for what reason nobody knows or can really comprehend. It's the equivalent of Angry Andy from Tough Enough getting wins over Punk, Cena and Orton.
    Maybe the TNA guys see something in him most people don't. I really hope they're right!

That bolded section, couldn't be more appropriate in a TNA thread! Unexplained turns/pushes/dropped angles = who cares = a large proponent of why TNA have failed to grow all these years. (WWE are guilty of this too, but on a much less frequent basis.) Also you can only "get away" with idiot-booking if your business is red hot. When it's pretty average then at least you should make stories with a beginning, middle and end. It isn't hard.

Perhaps we're too quick to scrutinize things in wrestling but I have absolutely no want to see Gunner anywhere near main events in the TNA title. Maybe it's because he's so green, whatever happens, he's going to go back to the mid-card at some point to better his skills - he doesn't look or act or have the gimmick like Goldberg....that's the ginger lad! So this entire Gunner experiment will not bear fruit. Maybe I'm wrong. I doubt it though. I hope TNA prove me wrong.

I don't think anyone's upset at Gunner's gimmick since he's a rookie; moreso he's getting clean wins over Sting, Anderson, AJ etc; despite having a nothing gimmick, nothing interesting to say on the mic and nothing impressive in the ring.

But is that not a little gimmick in itself? He does the talking in the ring? Personally I think its a breath of fresh air that a rookie heel is getting clean wins over established talent.

But is that not a little gimmick in itself? He does the talking in the ring? Personally I think its a breath of fresh air that a rookie heel is getting clean wins over established talent.

Is he heel :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Is he heel :confused:

Yes, clearly. He's a member of Immortal.

Advertisement