Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suck River Water levels and info for O'flynn lough

Options
  • 07-07-2011 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    I will come to fish for pike in the Suck Valley this August. How are the water levels of the river Suck at this time? I have to wait for flooding like september 2009?
    Do you know any small lake or pond near fhe suck river that could give me satisfaction fishing from belly boat?

Is The license of SRFB enough for fish in O'Flynn?

Thanks

Fabio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

The SRFB license is fine for Lough O Flynn.
    If the river is up, Holy Grove lake in Ballygar usually fishes well for pike.
    You can also use a belly boat there.
    http://www.shannon-fishery-board.ie/guides/coarse/suckvalley-hollygrove.htm
    River shiven near Newbridge is also a good pike spot when levels are up.
    Poolboy near Ballinasloe is actually classed as a salmon fishery (lol)
    but with a srfb license you can fish for good pike and trout.
    http://www.shannon-fishery-board.ie/guides/game/poolboy.htm

The Suck in Ballyforan was up a little yesterday but, with all the rain today id say its probably close to unfishable.

Almost forgot Mount Talbot between Ballygar and Athleague.
    With its high bank fishing is possible when the rest of the Suck is in flood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Berghem

Thanks dvae...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Berghem wrote: »
    Hi,
    I will come to fish for pike in the Suck Valley this August. How are the water levels of the river Suck at this time? I have to wait for flooding like september 2009?
    Do you know any small lake or pond near fhe suck river that could give me satisfaction fishing from belly boat?

Is The license of SRFB enough for fish in O'Flynn?

Thanks

Fabio

August is probably a bit early for pike on O'Flynn although you will still get plenty of jacks.. If you fancy some fun try fly fishing for jck up along the weed beds on the left.. you should get plenty of action all year from pike to 3lb... the big girls dont show much until later in the year in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

whats the trout fishing like on O flynn now?

Advertisement