Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD Ready

Options
  • 07-07-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

My nephew got a HD Ready TV the other day off an aunt and having a PS3 he bought a HDMI cable (he wants to watch blu-ray movies). But he came to me and told me he could not find a HDMI port on the TV, at first I thought he was mistaken and that the port was probably hidden behind some pull down fixture on the TV, so i had a look myself to find that it was one of those HD Ready TVs that was released years back for just receiving the HDTV from Sky etc.

I hear you can use the S-Video connection, but this will only give 480i.

Is there anyway around this and get at least 720p ?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

What is the make and model of the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

My girlfriend has one of those hd televisions and like you has no port, the display is awful and as for playing games its unless. It was in argos years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Sorry for the thread high-jack but, could somebody recommend me a cheapish, realiable, hd tv thats hdmi compatible and would be suitable for gaming. I'd like something along the lines of a 22-26 inch TV.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Sorry for the thread high-jack but, could somebody recommend me a cheapish, realiable, hd tv thats hdmi compatible and would be suitable for gaming. I'd like something along the lines of a 22-26 inch TV.
    Cheers

Might be of help to you.

I bought a 42" LCD HDTV in argos about a month ago for €400. so if your looking for a 22-26 then it would probabaly be way way cheaper especially if there on sale.

Check online or in store as the catalogues have old prices and no offers :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Does the TV have a component port like this: http://wiiportal.nintendo-europe.com/uploads/tx_templavoila/compins.gif ? If so you should be able to get a component cable for the PS3. Component will do Full HD (Green, Blue, Red) ports for video, Red/White for L/R audio. If not what ports does the TV have, VGA? DVI?

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Was thinking of getting a 32 inch myself from amazon they have some good prices 400 for full hd 100 hz tvs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I was looking at this recently and found richersounds to be about the cheapest, I've yet to actually buy anything though so I'm not sure what the story is with delivery/collection etc. the stuff they give prices for is from their english site. They have a forum on boards which is handy, you can just ask them there.

Telly's have become dirt cheap though.

Advertisement