Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Vouchers for sale ends Midnight 07/07/2011

Options
  • 07-07-2011 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Got an email with these codes for ordering online

www.did.ie

20% OFF Small Appliances: smallsp20
    15% OFF Home Appliances : homesp15
    10% OFF Televisions: tvsp10
    10% OFF Laptops: laptopsp10

Enjoy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Seen ad in paper. Can just walk in and purchase. Save on postage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

look at there site - Bosch washer in did €399
    same machine in powercity is €350 anyway

not a valid bargain alert

Just so happens am in the Market for a washer. Hence the resin why I was checking the ads. Had look a power city online price valid till midnight tonight? Work out pretty much at same price tbh when discount code applied!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

knighted_1 wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Originally Posted by knighted_1 View Post

Did you go to checkout an apply the discount? its 399.99 on the site, when you add the discount code thats a further €59.99 off, therefore its €340.

340< 350

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Tbh I don't know how DID survive, they're the Golden Discs of electrical retailing.

Somewhere your old auntie might shop.

Rant in 5..4..3..

Their prices are uncompetitive, staff are lacking in expertise and their service culture seems to have undergone little or no adjustment since the demise of the tiger, if they sell you something it appears they are doing you a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ccull123

No matter how mad/crap you may think DID are they cany be as bad as CURRYS. I can honestly say they have the worst customer service/return policy i have ever come across. I am hoping and praying the day will come when they will fold.

It seems that DID and powercity are the only way to go.#

Excuse the currys rant:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Curry's MD engages with customers on their boards forum and seems willing to pro-actively investigate issues of customer dissatisfaction.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1333

Wishing for them or any large retailer to fold is somewhat extreme, I'd just like to see 'em raise their game and strive to deliver good service at good prices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This thread is about DID, any feedback about currys can be given to them in the talk to forum.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I do agree with buyer beware but I have picked up a few bits and pieces from DID over the years that couldnt be matched by powercity/currys ect.

a couple of soundbars, most recently a samsung washing machine, a kartcher power washer.

• Advertisement

RoboRat wrote: »
    Did you go to checkout an apply the discount? its 399.99 on the site, when you add the discount code thats a further €59.99 off, therefore its €340.

340< 350

did you not watch the consumer show where you can get discount off powercity ? 10%?

so €350 less €35 = €315

far cry from €399 or €340

315<340

Tbh I don't know how DID survive, they're the Golden Discs of electrical retailing

Their prices are uncompetitive, staff are lacking in expertise and their service culture seems to have undergone little or no adjustment since the demise of the tiger, if they sell you something it appears they are doing you a favour.

most of dids top earning staff of the Celtic tiger era are now on view in your nearest Harvey Norman store (that's true ) and expert electricals new store in dundrum is now home to one of dids longest serving employees - the best have fled to pastures new

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

We were recently stocking our kitchen/laundry room with about 2k's of equipment. Got a list of the stuff first from power city, brought that list to harvey norman who knocked off 50 quid and then over to DID who knocked off a further €75....

DID also threw in free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Balls. Just bought an American fridge freezer from last week from them. Now it's advertised at €110 less :mad:

Did you take delivery of it? Just go in and cancel and repurchase if not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Well their web site is cack. Broken links/database connectivity all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭RoboRat

knighted_1 wrote: »
    did you not watch the consumer show where you can get discount off powercity ? 10%?

so €350 less €35 = €315

far cry from €399 or €340

315<340

No, I don't watch the consumer show; I was commenting on your quote where you said the machine was €350, you didn't say €350 less 10%. Obviously you have an axe to grind with DID from your posts, but I was just commenting on the offer that was originally posted, which in my opinion was a decent offer.

Advertisement