Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost email from apple mail in pop to imap switch - please help

Options
  • 07-07-2011 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

:confused:
    Hi all,

I recently (in the last two hours) accidentally swapped from using pop to imap on my gmail account. This had the horrifying effect of deleting all the emails in my (mac) Mail account, which i was using to store (as a backup) all my emails (that automatically came in to it from gmail) while i kept my gmail account fairly light on storage of old emails. I've just lost two years of emails, some of them very precious to me.

Can anyone suggest ways to restore the lost emails to my mac mail account. (I can't understand why no warning was issued as to the effect of this action.)

Please excuse the lack of precise details as I only vaguely understand the terminology. I'd be very very grateful to anyone who can help with this, and it goes without saying thanks in advance.

Advertisement