Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man robbed after promise of threesome from woman

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

alex73 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/man-robbed-after-promise-of-threesome-from-woman-22-2813621.html

Just wondering, This made it to court,, but there must be other unreported robberies. Can you imagine a married man who fell for this.. Do you think he would go to the Guards?

He deserves to be robbed if he is such a gobshyte. Is there not already a thread on this in AH?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bevvie

alex73 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/man-robbed-after-promise-of-threesome-from-woman-22-2813621.html

Just wondering, This made it to court,, but there must be other unreported robberies. Can you imagine a married man who fell for this.. Do you think he would go to the Guards?

Wasn't there something like this in Oblivion?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Maybe it's some new fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It's a pretty ingenious scheme in a way. The embarrassing nature of the circumstances might cause men to be reluctant to report the crime. That said, bringing them back to your house isn't too smart for when one does go to the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

This is my biggest fear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Count Duckula

In a way, it's brilliant. Most men aren't going to come forward and say that they've been conned and they'll just let it slide.

But, really, what the hell were the men thinking (particularly the 55-year old)? The younger man maybe just thought he was going back to someone's house for a bit of fun, but did the elder man seriously think that he was (1) genuinely going to get a threesome, and (2) with two women half his age?! That stinks, and he should have known better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Was the 55 year old local ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

He was robbed twice. The money and the experience. Don't know what is worse. If they had robbed him the next morning then he probably would have been happy enough and not reported it. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

He deserves to be robbed if he is such a gobshyte. Is there not already a thread on this in AH?

Huh? I don't see anything that makes either of these guys a gobshite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Huh? I don't see anything that makes either of these guys a gobshite.

Surely a 55-year-okd man believing 2 young girls would just randomly offer him a threesome is a sign of a gobshíte?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Surely a 55-year-okd man believing 2 young girls would just randomly offer him a threesome is a sign of a gobshíte?

Naive maybe, but not necessarily a gobshite. Don't forget there are 2 victims, the other being 22 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Id prob still go back to their gaf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Given this was armed robbery, they should expect a sentence of around 5-7years.

Would bet any money they get suspended sentences

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Deserved? stupidity is a crime now?

That's like saying a guy who gets raped deserves it if he was drunk.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said...

Given this was armed robbery, they should expect a sentence of around 5-7years.

Would bet any money they get suspendedr sentences

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

Has the threesome even reached Ireland yet?

That would have been my first sign of alarm!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

why did he have €920 on him?

adamshred wrote: »
    Has the threesome even reached Ireland yet?

Yes. Definitely.

krudler wrote: »

They must have seen him cuming! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

krudler wrote: »

I've seen the amount of money members on here carry around with them, it's crazy how much people carry at times!

Seriously though, what kind of an absolute and utter fúckwit falls for something like this?!?!?

Two young wans hardly out of school, asking an auld boy in his mid 50's for a threesome, ffs, where does he think he is, Thailand or somewhere?!?

Seriously though, what kind of an absolute and utter fúckwit falls for something like this?!?!?

Two young wans hardly out of school, asking an auld boy in his mid 50's for a threesome, ffs, where does he think he is, Thailand or somewhere?!?

And the other guy, that was 22?

I really don't get why you are choosing to attack 1 of the victims.

And the other guy, that was 22?

I really don't get why you are choosing to attack 1 of the victims.

Because it's easier. It's easy to say a 50 year old had no right to think two young women would want his sex at the same time and therefore he must be stupid/deluded. Not so much so for a (possibly?) handsome and athletic looking twentysomething.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Because it's easier. It's easy to say a 50 year old had no right to think two young women would want his sex at the same time and therefore he must be stupid/deluded. Not so much so for a (possibly?) handsome and athletic looking twentysomething.

I think if you fall for this kind of thing then you deserve to be robbed! I never heard of two girls even approaching a handsome and athletic twentysomething year old guy and suggesting a threesome, yet alone a 55 year old fart!

Galvasean wrote: »

Well, as I said earlier that would make him naive, more so than a gobshite.
    I think if you fall for this kind of thing then you deserve to be robbed! I never heard of two girls even approaching a handsome and athletic twentysomething year old guy and suggesting a threesome, yet alone a 55 year old fart!

Well then clearly you are not a handsome and athletic twentysomething year old guy. Although I recon a reference to that demographic is irrelevant as I don't recall the article linked in the OP showing any pictures of either of the 2 reported victims.

I don't find the method for reeling in the victims odd. Many men and women are regularly engaged in casual sex and an age difference doesn't nessecarily have to come into account. I wouldn't consider it normal, but I wouldn't think it is too far fetched either. Other then the pretence of a threesome, nothing further was disclosed about how these crimes were set up or the build up of attackers propositioning the victims, let alone picking them out. There would have been a lot more to it than just going up to some bloke and saying "Fancy a threesome with my slutty girlfriend at my place?"

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Vincent Browne busted his nuts laughing reading this headline last night, never seen him laugh as hard

Well then clearly you are not a handsome and athletic twentysomething year old guy. Although I recon a reference to that demographic is irrelevant as I don't recall the article linked in the OP showing any pictures of either of the 2 reported victims.

I don't find the method for reeling in the victims odd. Many men and women are regularly engaged in casual sex and an age difference doesn't nessecarily have to come into account. I wouldn't consider it normal, but I wouldn't think it is too far fetched either. Other then the pretence of a threesome, nothing further was disclosed about how these crimes were set up or the build up of attackers propositioning the victims, let alone picking them out. There would have been a lot more to it than just going up to some bloke and saying "Fancy a threesome with my slutty girlfriend at my place?"

No, I'm handsome and athletic 30 something year old, maybe the girls of my age are a bit more reserved, but I've never heard of guys in their 20's or their 30's being offered threesomes, regardless of their condition!

I can't say I know that many lads in their early 20's, but from what I hear, it's common for girls leaving school these days to be with girls as much as guys, and this defo wasn't the case when I was leaving school and on into my 20's, so maybe girls in their 20's now are a different type of chracter altogether than the girls I know who are my own age...

Either way though, say I was offered threesome by two girls in their twenties, I reckon I'd be mature enough to laugh at them and send them on their way! Jesus how rediculous can people be??? Seriously, would guys on here actually take up such an offer, as in sex with two total strangers, they could be junkies or cokeheads, (or just plain thieves as is the case here!)???

Maybe I'm just risk averse, actually I know that I am, a lot moreso than most lads, but only down to experience (and sometimes that can be the experience/hassle/shyte that others that I observe around me get into, and not my own experience per sé), but I wouldn't dream of running with something like this if it was put to me, I wouldn't give a fiddlers how good looking they were or whatever...

And yes, I'm 200% straight...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Deserved? stupidity is a crime now?

No but it is survival of the fittest and intellegence helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I never heard of two girls even approaching a handsome and athletic twentysomething year old guy and suggesting a threesome, yet alone a 55 year old fart!

Only because I don't like to brag but that's just me :pac:

Advertisement