Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT HELP NEEDED FROM DENTAL PERSON-QUAD ACCIDENT :(

Options
  • 06-07-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

Firstly if it were possible to contact a dental technician or dentist professionally at this time i would, genuinely. Im not scabbing off anyone here.

I lightly crashed my quad, im structuarly fine, but split the gum on my front tooth. (my only injury tg)

Im hoping to go to oxegen tommorrow so i wont see a dentist for 4 days :(, and this is my only hope.

The cut is small, perhaps 3mm and conjealed with blood. It runs from the edge of the gum at a 45' angle into the upper gum itself.
    I am unsure whether the conjealed blood is masking tooth or gum(hopefully).

What should i do immediately? It is perhaps 35mins old.
    What can i do to help heal the gum both short term and long term?
    Will the gum grow back ?

Any additional help is great! If you need more details say and il add them on no probs.

Im asking for help from both qualified and unqualififed people who may know something about this kind of thing !!

Thanks ! :/

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Op honestly without seeing it theres no way to tell. But frankly my teeth would be more important than getting to Oxygen early.

Depending on your location and I may be wrong on this you could go to casualty and sometimes they may have a maxillofacial around but at this time i highly highly doubt it.

Your best option is get to your dentist first thing in the morning.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Ring around a few dentists at 9am, you will definitely get one who will see you before 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LetsThinkBIG

Agreed.
    Oxegen wise the bus can wait.

Right now at this moment what could i do ?
    To 'stabilise the situation' ..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Op I'm not a dentist but i do see one of our dentist posters is online so he/she may pop in and give some advice - but please be aware this is internet advice.

Can you pm her, or link so i can pm, or just help me get in contact, or direct her here..
    I know its unethical but im s--ting a brick here..

Cheers though, and yes internet advice will be taken with a pinch of salt..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

A cut gum running from the edge upwards may just be a cut of the soft tissue or may indicate a fracture of the alveolar bone that surrounds the tooth (the tooth may or may not have moved or be loose)....

Your tooth is more important than oxegen, see a dentist in the morning asap, in the meantime- don't bite on anything and rinse with salt water.

Simple treatment may be needed to stabilize things, if not you run the risk or losing the tooth, a root canal, an implant... a possible few grands worth of treatment... get the afternoon bus to oxegen, go to the dentist first...

Good luck,
    OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Maybe call your nearest A & E department and tell them what you've written above and see what they say.

It might be quiet in A & E and they might be able to help, depends where you live.

Or else dentist first thing in the morning.

If I was you I'd get my teeth sorted/checked before concert.

Best of luck :)

Op i'd also say that generally your oral hygiene wont be up to its normal level while down in Oxygen, just something to be aware of.

Thanks guys.

Man quads are not for misuse.

If anyone knows what i could put on it tonight could they let me know?
    Im considering Corsodyl..
    Salt & water etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭DaveTwenty7

So did you go to a dentist?

• Advertisement
Advertisement