Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earn Value Management: cumulative values

Options
  • 06-07-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi everyone

I am working on my PMP certification and there's a point I still have trouble to understand.
    I think I have pretty much understood what are EV, AC, PV, CPI, SPI and variances.

I don't think I could explain really what are cumulative values (CPV, CEV, CCPI, CSPI,...) are. For example a question states:
    EV=670, AC=695 (not good, CPI < 1 :)) and CEV=675 ( in other words EV+5) and CAC=700 (again AC+5).

Where does that difference of 5 between AC/EV and CAC/CEV comes from?

Does it mean that we're considering two periods ?:
    period# EV AC
    1 5 5
    2 670 695

Thanks for any advice on the question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rtunes

MMmm - I passed my PMP exam and don't remember this coming up at all! cumulative values - the questions on the exam are a little easier then this.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fti

rtunes wrote: »
    MMmm - I passed my PMP exam and don't remember this coming up at all! cumulative values - the questions on the exam are a little easier then this.
    Your're right. had my PMP test since then and question were way more straight forward:)

Advertisement