Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a Laptop thats Football Manager Capable!

Options
  • 06-07-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Pretty new to here! But could do with some help regarding the purchase of a laptop. I've always wanted to get into the Football Manager games, and recently bought it so that I could get used to it in full before the 2012 version.

However, I'm stumped as to whats the best laptop I can get to play it? Those who know the 2011 version will know it runs the matches in 3D, and I dont want to go and buy one that will leave me having to pump even more money into it.

It will be used very little for the internet, mostly gaming and at that, not even heavy, highly graphically detailed games.

As you can no doubt see, I'm not very laptop-wise and have been a console gamer my whole life, so any help would be great.

Looking in Expert stores lately, and they advised a Samsung model and said I should have no trouble with most games. However, I would rather some advice from here first!

Budget will be approx €450-€600

Thanks in advance.

Griffin1988

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

It doesnt need that much. Most modern laptops will cope.
    I'm running it on a 1st edition dual core i3 2.27GHz with 4GB ram and 320 GB HD
    Its a basic sony laptop
    Check the specs on the back of the box

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Corvo

Thanks mate.

I know the specs on the back say this and that, then I just go to the shop and totally lose trackl

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Thanks mate.

I know the specs on the back say this and that, then I just go to the shop and totally lose trackl

Just make sure you have at least 4Gb of ram, and as its a laptop, try and get good battery life. FM11 is an addiction and you are not near a mains point, you will need a good battery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

go for one with dedicated graphics - most processors can handle the games.. its the integrated graphics which can slow them down

www.saveonlaptops.co.uk

choose features, then "gaming laptops" - that'll just show up all the laptops with
    dedicated graphics cards

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/HP_Pavilion_DV6-3120sa_1041896.html
    something like that might be a good starting point for your research

tenner delivery to Ireland, I'd say check the prices on amazon too

edit - some people don't like Acer's.. but this one looks great for gaming without having to buy an alienware laptop or whatever
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5750G_1086985.html

Overview of the graphics
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4475/anandtech-mobile-graphics-guide-summer-2011

Advertisement