Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Cider not bubbling!

Options
  • 06-07-2011 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi All,

I knocked up a batch of Magnum Apple Cider on Sunday. As this was my first cider brew I followed the instructions to the letter. However, to date there is no bubbling in the air lock. I opened the fermentation keg and can see activity - small bubbles popping on the surface and a little foam. Maybe I’m getting a slow reaction – any beers I have done were bubbling within a couple of hours. Any Idea what could be amiss here?

Thanks

D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Jesus H. Christ we need a frequently asked questions sticky here.

It's fine. The gas is leaking out from under your lid instead of through the airlock.

Ignore the airlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

As BeerNut says! It's best not to open up the fermenter if you can avoid it as each time ups the chance of an infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

Fooook your right.....i forgot to put the O-Ring in the cap!!!:o All sorted now!

a kick up the arse can be at times a great learning tool

Advertisement