Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeycomb Encryption & Performance

Options
  • 06-07-2011 8:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of encrypting my tablet. I was about to hit the button for it to fire away when it said to unencrypt the tablet I'd need to do a factory reset. That's a bit drastic. I've been using mine for a while now and I'm happy with how it is.

I thought I'd ask here first so. Has anybody done this? Does it affect the performance of the tablet at all.

I don't store anything super secure on it so it won't kill me but if it makes little difference to the operation of it I'd prefer to have it turned on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Just about to do the same on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, so I'll let you know how I get on :)

I'm not that worried about a factory reset, will just need to make sure to transfer any photos or videos off before doing it - and with Google+ they'll all now be auto-uploaded anyway :)

Advertisement