Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of help

Options
  • 06-07-2011 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm new to fishing and recently bought a nice carp rod, spool and different baits and lures, hooks, spinners and such from aldi.

I'm from blarney, co. cork and would like to fish in the local rivers and lakes in this district.

wondering if i need a license, and permits in the area to do so?

i pop into the murray fishing shop on patrick street also so maybe i can get more info there.

all help is much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Easiest was in to fishing for me is feathering for Mackerel, plenty of places locally maybe some others can help you.

http://haddock-fishyfishy.blogspot.com/2008/05/lure-fishing-spinning-and-feathering.html

Need a spinner (normally a 9ft rod, LIDL had them for about €20) and some feathers.

Basically cast out, reel in etc etc. You'll see others and get the idea.

This will get you used to handling the fish and retreiving the hook. Once your good at that then move on to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

No licence needed for sea fishing.
    Once you are ready for lakes etc a licence is :
    One District, Annual: €58
    Here

You have Inchegeelagh to your north, some good free fishing (with a permit) or the Lee system, €38 per year.

Best advice, tag along with someone who knows what they are doing, far better than any book.

Advertisement