Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat trying to wake its friend that got hit by a car

Options
  • 05-07-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0BbqLTPJFwo&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sad video :( but maybe proof that animals can have friendships and are affected if their friend dies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

FYP for you there OP. Try and not "read" too much into if ya can!:o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

There's a false belief put out that it's only dogs that do that, evidently not! Sad to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rabbit.84

anniehoo wrote: »
    FYP for you there OP. Try and not "read" too much into if ya can!:o;)

thanks. I noticed straight away that I copied the wrong link. but then my computer froze. then I got a nice blue warning error. really need to fix my computer :)

I will probably be shot for saying this and i do appreciate your sentiment behind this vid Rabbit, but this isnt a "grieving" cat. Im sorrrrry to ruin this but its the music and text that adds to the whole sadness of it, but the white cat is actually trying to mate. Arrggh...dont hate me. Im not a cold hearted wagon here, but sometimes you have to understand animal behaviour and not take too much on board regarding edited youtube vids.

Sooorrrry...ive watched enough of them to know that nature should just be seen as that and not a soppy hollywood movie.Absolutely no offence OP ok :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rabbit.84

anniehoo wrote: »
    I will probably be shot for saying this and i do appreciate your sentiment behind this vid Rabbit, but this isnt a "grieving" cat. Im sorrrrry to ruin this but its the music and text that adds to the whole sadness of it, but the white cat is actually trying to mate. Arrggh...dont hate me. Im not a cold hearted wagon here, but sometimes you have to understand animal behaviour and not take too much on board regarding edited youtube vids.

Sooorrrry...ive watched enough of them to know that nature should just be seen as that and not a soppy hollywood movie.Absolutely no offence OP ok :o

im not going to take offence. i did think that myself also. im guessing the person who put the video up has no way of knowing what sex the cats acutally are. (also I turned off the music instantly!! very annoying)

but I have seen how cats act together in colonys (have a group of 6 outside my house) and they form strong bonds.

I have also (due to having a colony of 6 female who where unspayed for a time) witnessed too much cat mating. And im fairly certain they dont kneed the female during it.

But everyone is free to make up their own mind about it.

rabbit.84 wrote: »
    they form strong bonds.
    No doubt about it. Have 2 here...hate each other and love each other all at the same time :D
    wrote:
    And im fairly certain they dont kneed the female durin it.
    If i could get my youtube and google account to link (its so annoying) id be able to show you my neutered male "back peddling" and fake mating the female before she got spayed. Bizarre! Ah..im so OT now, sorry. I just try not to get toooo emotional about vids like this sorry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Yeah you're dead right - this has been doing the rounds for a while as 'kitty tries to give friend CPR' and all sorts. Turn the sound down and it's a horny tom paddling a female (possibly one he knows).

Advertisement