Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen of my MacBook Pro appears to be dull...HELP!!

Options
  • 05-07-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

After turning on my MacBook Pro the screen is very dull but when I press the brightness control button (F6) it doesn't make it any brighter, whereas it used to before. I tried turning it off & on a few times to see if that would work but it hasn't. Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me on how to fix it??? It's only about 3 months old :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

After turning on my MacBook Pro the screen is very dull but when I press the brightness control button (F6) it doesn't make it any brighter, whereas it used to before. I tried turning it off & on a few times to see if that would work but it hasn't. Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me on how to fix it??? It's only about 3 months old :mad:

Try changing the brightness under 'Settings' and then 'Display' I think it is....been a while since I had a MB.

Actually: http://www.ehow.com/how_2098602_adjust-screen-brightness-macbook.html

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    Try changing the brightness under 'Settings' and then 'Display' I think it is....been a while since I had a MB.

Actually: http://www.ehow.com/how_2098602_adjust-screen-brightness-macbook.html

Cheers for that! Can't believe I never even thought of doing that ha ha ha :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

F6 is not the brightness control. It's for the keyboard backlight. You should have been pressing F1/F2. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

F6 is not the brightness control. It's for the keyboard backlight. You should have been pressing F1/F2. :D

Ha ha ha ha ha!! I'm so embarrassed right now!! :eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement