Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress: Auto post to Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn?

Options
  • 05-07-2011 9:20pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys I have used a plugin before that whenever I post a new blog post, it automatically posts it to my twitter account. For a different blog, I now need one that will automatically post it to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.

Does such a plugin exist, or if not, what are the best ones for each one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys I have used a plugin before that whenever I post a new blog post, it automatically posts it to my twitter account. For a different blog, I now need one that will automatically post it to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.

Does such a plugin exist, or if not, what are the best ones for each one?

I use dlvr.it for doing just that. It's not a plugin though, it posts the RSS feed. Ridiculously simple to set up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can try http://rss.me - it supports a growing number of services

(Disclosure - we run it)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Perfect thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

WP to Twitter
    Simple Facebook Connect

That covers two of them anyway!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Blacknight, I'm using rss.me for two sites now, works really great - very simple and effective, thanks!

One question, is there a way to Not shorten the links using bit.ly etc? The reason being is for posting on facebook etc - if the links are no shortened, it would pull in the photo from the page - but right now it does not. E.g: http://www.facebook.com/quidsin.ie?sk=wall If you look down a few posts to the "Flat Pack Furniture" one - this I did manually and it beings in the photo which I would like. Can this be done? Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Blacknight, I'm using rss.me for two sites now, works really great - very simple and effective, thanks!

One question, is there a way to Not shorten the links using bit.ly etc? The reason being is for posting on facebook etc - if the links are no shortened, it would pull in the photo from the page - but right now it does not. E.g: http://www.facebook.com/quidsin.ie?sk=wall If you look down a few posts to the "Flat Pack Furniture" one - this I did manually and it beings in the photo which I would like. Can this be done? Thanks :)

So turn off shortening when posting to Facebook?

Sorry for the stupid question but what is says in the options is:

"Include link to your feed item" (tickbox)
    Then in the dropdown there are 5 shortening options - but no option for "Do no shorten"

If I untick the box will it simply not shorten the link? It reads to me like by unticking the box it will not include a link at all. Perhaps I am mistaken, will unticking the box simply not shorten - but still post the link?
    Cheers
    Z

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

Can you add a hash tag to twitter postings with this?

Sorry for the stupid question but what is says in the options is:

"Include link to your feed item" (tickbox)
    Then in the dropdown there are 5 shortening options - but no option for "Do no shorten"

If I untick the box will it simply not shorten the link? It reads to me like by unticking the box it will not include a link at all. Perhaps I am mistaken, will unticking the box simply not shorten - but still post the link?
    Cheers
    Z
    If you don't shorten the link it will try to post it unshortened. Twitter will automatically pass it via t.co ..

fugee wrote: »
    Can you add a hash tag to twitter postings with this?

Yes, you can append (or prepend) text to the tweets
    You can also use the system to only post if certain conditions are met - keyword matching ..

• Advertisement
Advertisement