Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moonlight Challenge 2011

Options
  • 05-07-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Any one interested in forming a team to do the www.wicklowmountainrescue.ie Moonlight Challenge next November 12th. ?

I would be interested in linking up with fellow unfit '' mature'' individuals who think like me , that this would be a great challenge to walk 26km at night on the Wicklow Way.
    My rough idea is to form a team and start to put in some walking in the months before to prepare.:)
    regards

William

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

The only two charities I donate to are the lifeboats and MR, but I avoid on principle all fundraisers with minimum fundraising amounts. Again, I'd point to the IMRA fundraising event model, where they gave 100% of the modest entry fee to MR, and anyone who could afford to give more did. So, that's a no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I did it last year and hope to do it again. I'd recommend it. I was one of the few runners. Some of the road section around crossbridge is a bit miserable but otherwise it was good fun (if tough). Got great encouragement from walkers along the route. Great to see the torchlights up along the trail in various places e.g. from the Dargle up the Wicklow way heading towards Djouce.

+1 to the IMRA charity event model. 100% of such funds to the Mtn Rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Please read the forum charter with regards to these types of events. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement