Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snorkeling Sites on Inishbofin?

Options
  • 05-07-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hoping somebody may be able to point me in the right direction...

Travelling to Inishbofin early August and plan to bring snorkeling gear - would love to get back in water as it has been years!

Any advice on sites on the island suitable for this - shallow site to start as fitness is gone - but would love to know the must see spots on the island.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tommsyie

I was here a couple of years ago with a club and diving was mainly cancelled due to extremely bad weather
    I was diving off the north beach day and night and found it teeming with life. Its quiet shallow - great for snorkelling I was getting about 12 - 14mtrs but had to gou out quiet a bit for it

If there I would advise it

Best regards

Tom

http://www.mydivelocker.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sausages79

tks tommsyie

I will check that out - looking forward to it - had my first snorkel in years this weekend on Lough Glinn - not much to see with algae bloom but great to be in water.

tks again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sausages79

For anybody interested - I went to Inishbofin (beautiful place!!)

Didnt get to snorkle on the North Beach as recommended due to weather conditions - but jumped straight into the "Swimming Pool" at the end of the harbour by the old pier infront of Inshbofin House Hotel. Nice and calm but very shallow - but at low tide saw my first conger eel ever on the far side of the little island with smoke house on it. Followed 5 mins later by a 2nd one in the small gap between the island and rocks!!

The rest of the time I spent in Cloonamore where the deserted beaches led down to crystal clear water in sheltered bays. Plenty to see and well worth it.

Cant wait to dive there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

sausages79 wrote: »
    For anybody interested - I went to Inishbofin (beautiful place!!)

Cant wait to dive there.

If the conditions permits I highly suggest Buachaill Rock http://www.dusac.org/book/export/html/272

Advertisement